Chapter 33: Jackson

School went by really fast today, I am beyond excited for Katie to drop Jackson off at 3. We got out of school a little early today because there was a fight during gym, which did not involve any one from the pack, surprisingly. They all changed and then we met out in the parking lot, I was sitting on the hood of Jake's truck when they came out. 

      "That was an interesting fight", Quil said while pulling his jacket back on. 

      "It was weak, the one almost got thrown into Cammy. I was ready to kill someone", Jake said while joining me on the hood of his truck. The rest of them filed out of the school, all standing in front of the truck. 

     "What are we doing with Jackson today? We need some practice taking care of kids", Paul said. He looked kind of nervous, but excited and I could tell that he wants to see Jackson again too. 

      "Well I was thinking we'd let him choose what he wants to do first, then we can take him out to get some food or something", he nodded and then turned to the boys. 

      "If you guys want to come and hang out just don't act like idiots because Katie is coming by with Jackson", Paul said making the rest of them nod. Soon after, Jake and Quil got into a an argument about the events of the party they went to over the weekend. They bickered back and forth like an old married couple and then it turned into their usual wrestling. 

      I was watching them when Paul came over to me and grabbed my hand, "Hey beautiful, how do you feel? You look like you're nauseous". The worry was spread across his face as he stepped closer to me so that he was leaning against the truck between my legs. 

      "A little bit but I'm okay. It's gotten better through out the day, my morning sickness was really bad today but I'm okay now", he looked at me again like he was trying to see if I was lying. 

      "Promise you feel okay?", he kissed the back of my hand and looked into my eyes. His brown eyes looking me over, as if he is taking in every aspect of me. 

      "I promise. Paul I am fine", he looked at me for another second and then nodded.  

      He went to say something to Jake, "Jackson will be excited to see you, you should stop by before you go patrol to say hi". 

      Jake nodded his head and then they all turned back to their conversations. Paul, while still holding my hands, slowly pulled me off of the truck. He turned to the pack, "Hey we are going to head to Emily's, we'll see you guys there", they all nodded and we climbed into the truck. 

      When we got to Emily's, she was making a fruit bowl for me and cookies for Jackson. She looked up as I slung my book bag on to the floor by the stool, "Katie called and said that she'll be over a little earlier, she needs to drop something off to her parents". I nodded and grabbed a clean fork out of the strainer, I sat back onto my stool and started eating my fruit. 

      "You know you don't have to make me snacks everyday, I'd be fine with just drinking some orange juice", she shook her head as she put the fresh cookies onto a plate. Paul stood up from his seat and grabbed a cookie off of the plate, before he turned to the door. 

      There was a knock on the door frame, Katie revealed herself as Jackson ran straight towards me. I picked him up, sitting him on my hip as he pulled me into a hug with his little arms, "I missed you Sissy". 

      I pulled him toward me more, my hand was resting on the back of his head, "I missed you too bubs. How about you go see Emily while I talk to your mom, she has a treat for you". I put him down on his feet and he ran straight towards Emily in the kitchen, I stood up and joined Katie by the door.