Chapter 44: Time with the Girls

The last couple of weeks have been spent at home or at school, Paul's overprotective tendencies have gotten to be a hundred times worse that before. I was laying on the couch, my hand rubbing the bump while my eyes focused on the tv. I am the only one in the house, and according to Paul, I should just stay here. I sat up, propping my feet on the other side of the couch while pulling a blanket over myself. 

      When we went to the Cullen's house for a checkup, Alice told us about a vision that she had that day. Victoria was coming back in a couple days and they need help to get her. As soon as we got into the truck, Paul and I got into the argument. 

      I sat down in the seat, buckling myself in while Paul started the truck across the seat from me. I waved at Emmett one more time before Paul was driving back toward the freeway, he growled  for the third time in a minute before finally speaking, "You can only go from the house to school, I don't want you going anywhere else. I need you safe". 

      I understand that he needs me safe but what. "Paul I am not going to completely stay at the house or school, I know that you want me safe but you can't make me stay here every day until you guys finally get her. We don't know when that will be". He shook his head at me now, looking at me with angry eyes, I just can't tell if he's angry at me or at the vampire that won't die. 

      I unbuckled my seat belt so that I could look at him, while he continued this stupid argument. "Cammy this is to keep you safe. I am trying not to lose the two most important people in my life, and keeping you between the house and school or even just on the res is the best way to do that". I grabbed his hand when he finished, I could tell that it was worry in his eyes, not anger. He just wants me and our baby girl safe, I can't blame him for that. 

      "I will stay on the reservation, but if I need to get out, you're going to have to let me baby. I can't just stay here all the time", I cut myself off not wanting to say anything that I will regret. I pulled my seat belt back on and let Paul think about what I said. 

      I stared out of the window, just watching as the trees passed and then once we got back onto the reservation Paul finally responded. "I just want you safe baby, you and our daughter are the most important things in my life. You can get out when you need to, but just let me know. Everything is going to be hard until we get her and I am sorry for how I reacted earlier, but my biggest fear is not being able to protect you". He parked the truck in front of the house, we could hear the boys inside, I unbuckled and slid across the seat so that I was next to him. 

      "I am the one that should be worried about losing you, you're the one that goes out and hunts vampires. I am constantly afraid that you or one of the others will be killed, I hate the squeezing feeling in my chest when you're gone but I deal with it. I wait at home and just hope to the ancestors and whatever god is listening that you will come back home to me. I need you through this, our baby will need you". I felt a tear fall down my cheek, Paul was quick to brush it away. 

      His hands moved to cup my face as he looked at me, "Baby, I will always come home to you. I may have a couple bruises but I will always be here. There is no way that I am letting you have this baby on your own, we are in this together. Always". 

      He smiled down at me and it caused my smile to grow as well, "Always". He pulled me in for a kiss before we climbed out of the truck. 

      After our argument, I decided that I would stay on the reservation where the pack could keep me safe. My phone buzzed on the coffee table, I leaned over to grab it, and opened the message from Kim. 

Kim: I heard you are pretty much on house arrest, does a burger and fries sound good?

Cammy: Yes please. Get over here fast, Emily went to Sue's and I am dying of boredom