Chapter 55: Good Things Come in Three's

I pulled a sweater over the black tshirt dress, since today is one of the cooler summer days that we are getting this June. Paul left for patrol at about 8, leaving me in the house alone and as much as I love this house, I hate being alone. I locked the door behind me only taking my phone, keys, and wallet with me before making my way down the tree lined path. I have taken this path so many times since Jake left, I am just expecting him to join me as I am walking through Emily's back door, but he hasn't yet. 

      I paid close attention to the roots in front of me as I walked down the path, my stomach is protruding so much that I can't see my feet anymore. I made sure to dodge all of the roots that were at the edge of Emily's yard, I opened the back door and was met by quiet. The guys have been trying to catch a nomad that they are having trouble with so Sam has them patrolling non stop. I walked further into the house, waiting until I heard a vomiting noise from the bathroom upstairs. I rushed up the stairs as much as my swollen ankles would allow, I found Emily leaning over the toilet with her hair pushed to the side, "Em, are you okay?". 

      Her eyes lifted but she didn't make an attempt to get up, "Yeah, I keep getting sick". As soon as she said that, the thought came through my head. I started rummaging through the cabinet, finding a pregnancy test. I handed it to her and gave her a knowing look, she just nodded and stood from her spot on the floor. I closed the door behind me, waiting for her to tell me to come back in. I waited until she spoke again, "Cammy". 

      I opened the door, leaning against the sink while she just stared at the wall and waited for the timer to go off on her phone. She shut off the timer, looking at me before looking back down at the test. I saw a smile spread across her face and then a tear slid down her cheek, she showed me the test. It was positive, Sam and Emily are having a baby. "Congrats Emily. At least now I won't be the only mom in the pack", she just laughed as she placed the test inside of the box. 

      "Can you text Leah and get her to come shopping with us in Port Angeles?", I nodded and pulled out my phone, knowing that Leah has the over night patrol tonight. 

Cammy: Shopping in Port Angeles? I think we need some girl time

Leah: Yeah, sure. Who all is going?

Cammy: You, Emily, and I 

Leah: Ugh, fine

Cammy: Do you want to drive?

Leah: yeah I'll be there in five minutes

      "She's on her way, I figured we would be more comfortable in her car than in our trucks", Emily just nodded and she moved her way into her room with me following behind her. She grabbed a pair of grey shorts and a white v-neck t-shirt. She pulled her hair into two braids when we heard footsteps coming up the stairs, the door opened to reveal Leah. She laid down on the bed next to me, just staring at the ceiling. 

      After a minute, she sat up and looked between Emily and I, "So why did you guys randomly decide to have a girl's day?". I looked to Emily who seemed nervous to tell Leah the news, but with a slight reassuring smile from me, she opened her mouth to speak. 

      "Well, um... I'm pregnant", she practically whispered just loud enough for Leah and I hear her. Leah seemed shocked and then excited, as she jumped up from the bed and hugged her cousin. "You're not mad?", Emily asked while slightly pulling away from Leah to look at her. 

      "Of course not, I'm excited for you. There is something that I have been wanting to talk to the two of you about". We both looked at her and then at each other before turning our attention back to her, "I kind of imprinted". She looked down at her hands like she was a shy person, but she is anything but shy.