Chapter 40: March Check up

Emily and I were sitting at the counter, looking over magazines to see what I would need to buy for the baby. We were circling everything that we like, making sure that we got all of the essentials covered first. 

      "How about this changing table, it matches the crib you have?", she pointed to the page and held it out to me. I nodded my head and she put a large purple circle around it, flipping the page to see what else they had. I looked back down to my magazine looking at all of the clothes and blankets that were grouped together by color, I landed on the page that was full of clothes for little girls. As much as the boys didn't want me to have a girl, I do, the idea of the boys being so protective of her and being wrapped around her finger just makes me happy. As soon as Paul gets back from patrol, we are heading to see Carlisle and we are finally finding out the gender. 

      "Earth to Cammy", Emily was waving her hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention. I finally was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard her. 

      "What? Sorry, what did you say?", she laughed and shook her head at me before speaking. 

      "What are you thinking about", she put her magazine down and turned in her stool to look at me. 

      "Well I honestly don't care if the baby is a boy or a girl", I placed my hand onto my bump and then continued. "I just would like to see all of these boys so protective of a little girl. They would be so wrapped around her finger that they would do anything, and I know that because they all do that for us. They are already so protective of us and it will be a hundred times worse for this baby. Deep down they all just want a niece or nephew that is healthy, so that they can protect it". She laughed and nodded in agreement. 

      "I'm not going to lie, I really want you to have a girl. We have enough boys running around here", we both laughed and then we heard laughing outside. In a couple of seconds, Paul and Sam walked through the door. 

      Sam walked over to Emily and kissed her all over her face while I walked over to meet Paul by the door, "Hi handsome". He smiled and gave me a kiss before pulling up his sweatshirt that I am wearing to kiss the bump as well. 

      He came back up, looking in my eyes, "I'm going to go shower, then we can go find out if we're having a princess or a wolf boy". I chuckled then rolled my eyes at him as he walked up the stairs and into the bathroom. 

     I turned back to Emily and Sam, "Alright, what do you think the baby will be Sam. Boy or girl?". 

      He looked at me and thought for a moment before speaking, "I'm thinking it is going to be a boy. I don't think Paul will ever have a girl, but who knows". I laughed at him and shook my head as Quil and Jared entered the house. 

      They must of heard the conversation because Quil said, "It's definitely a boy". 

      Jared quickly answered after, "Nope it's going to be a girl. We are in for lots of heart attacks before the rest of us have kids". He laughed and then gave me a hug before pulling away and continuing, "Paul needs a little girl in his life, you and Paul will be great parents. Plus they have an amazing pack behind them to help out. It's going to be a girl, I'm calling it". Sam and Quil were laughing at him as Paul came down the stairs. 

      He said hi to Quil and then walked toward Jared and I, Paul looked at Jared and then spoke, "Jared, do I need to tell Kim that you're flirting with my girl". Jared stepped away with his hands up, like he was surrendering. Paul picked me up and spun me around, before placing me down on my feet again. He kept his hand on my waist to steady me as he looked at Sam, "We're going to head over to see the doctor. We'll be back for dinner with some news", and then he looked at me, "Ready to go?". I nodded my head and we said goodbye to everyone before making out way out to his truck.