Chapter 67: Baby Uley

Emily and I were sitting on the couch, in my living room while Olivia played on the floor in front of us. "Emily, your due in March, that's less than a month left. You need to start thinking about baby names. Things are finally settled in the supernatural part of our lives, it's time to get back to some kind of normalcy". 

      She looked down at Olivia, smiling at her, "I know. I just have no idea what to name him, Sam and I really didn't have great father figures, so we are coming up with them on our own. I just feel like I need to find the perfect name, it's our first baby".

      "You just need a name that will reflect what you want him to be or what he is to you. I did a little bit of research when I was looking at names. In old French, Olivia means peace and in another language it means kind one. I wanted this little girl to be a good person and that comes with how we raise her, but I also wanted her to have a name that meant something good. That when she gets older and asks me why I named her Olivia, that I can tell her that it reflects the kind of person that I want her to be". Olivia looked up at me, handing me her toy but I decided to pick her up instead. 

      "Who would have thought, that you would have a 6 month old baby and I would be having my first baby", we both laughed at the thought. Liv reached over so that Emily would take her from me. Once she was sitting on Em's lap, she started talking again, "We got so lucky with this little girl. Yes we did", she cooed to Olivia. 

      "I look back and think of how different my life could be right now, but I would never want it any other way. I have an amazing boyfriend that I love more than words can describe and I have a beautiful daughter".

      "We really did get lucky didn't we, although we have had a lot of stress over the years, but overall, I think we got really lucky", she smiled down at her god daughter and placed a kiss on her cheek before turning back to me. "I really am thankful for the fact that I got to watch as you grew up fast because of becoming a mother so young. You and Paul really surprised us all with how well you dealt with it all". 

      I chuckled at her, "Trust me the first day that we brought her home and it was just us, we were beyond confused. We had no idea how to take care of a baby full time, hell, we still don't know how to. She's growing up so fast, she is going to be crawling soon and probably teething too. I am not ready for it but like I was told a long time ago, I have a whole pack behind me to support me through it all and so will you". 

      "You never told me that you guys had a hard time, you always made it look so natural", she looked truly surprised which meant that I did exactly what I had wanted to. 

      "I never wanted you guys to think that I couldn't handle it, Paul and I took some time to figure it out and we made sure that we were doing the best possible job that we could have been. Plus we are around the pack most days, that means that she is well taken care of no matter what. You all made everything easier", she smiled at me again. 

      "So start brainstorming names, do you have any in mind?", I asked as I brought Liv onto my lap so that she could drink her bottle. 

      "I honestly don't know, I was kind of thinking about Levi but I also don't want them to confuse him with Sam's grandfather. Let's start thinking of other names", she laughed a little at herself. 

      "Hmm... When I was thinking of baby names before I found out the Olivia was going to be a girl, I thought of Lucca, Jackson, Mason, and Tyler. Let's look them up and see what they all mean", I pulled out my phone and she readjusted in her seat so that she could get more comfortable. "Well Tyler means tile maker, so it's a no on that one. Lucca means light, and this baby will be the best part of your life so I love that one".