Chapter 14: The Next Day

I woke up the next morning from the movement and conversation in the dining room. I could make out Jacob's and Paul's voices, talking  about what happened last night. I heard every detail of the incident from Jacob's point of view. "She saw him and the worry was instantly all over her face. As soon as we knew he was around, we tried to find him but he disappeared. Kim got her to start dancing to get their minds off of it and we joined then after we couldn't find him. We were having a good time until he walked up behind her and grabbed her waist. He didn't get more than a second to touch her because I pulled her toward Kim and grabbed him immediately. I pushed him up against the wall and threatened him, after he got out of my grip he just rolled his eyes and left."

      I opened my eyes, a tear falling down my cheek, I feel guilty for coming to the party when I knew something would probably coming. I quickly got up and left the living room, trying to find Kim. I finally found her in her room, cleaning up the mess we made of her closet. I walked into the room, closing the door behind me. I leaned against the door, more tears falling as I let out my weeps. Kim noticed me, moving toward me as I sank to the floor. She just sat down with me and whispered that everything is okay and nothing happened to me. 

      I started to finally catch my breath as we heard knocking on the door and Paul spoke up, "Kim, have you seen Cammy? I don't know where she went."

      I took a deep breath to calm my voice, "Yeah Paul, I'm here. Just give me a second."

      I just moved from in front of the door to next to her dresser. She looked at me before she opened the door to let Paul in. The rest of the boys were down stairs cleaning up the mess, so when Paul entered the room Kim went downstairs to join them. Paul closed the door behind him, looking at me with worry all over his face, "Cammy, what's wrong?". 

      I wiped the last of the tears from my eyes as I started talking, "I'm sorry Paul. Maybe I just shouldn't have come to the party, I knew he was going to be here. I should have known that something was going to happen."

      He sat down next to me on the floor, grabbing my hand he said, "None of this is your fault. That guy is a huge tool and he should have been the one to stay home. Just because your beautiful doesn't mean that he can act like this toward you. Plus he's obviously an idiot if he thinks you want him when you have me." 

       I laughed at the huge smile that spread across his face after saying the last part. "I'm also sorry that we haven't had sex yet. I know we're soulmates and all but I don't want it to be rushed. I want us to have as much time as we want. I want to be able to lay there with you for hours while I'm in your tshirt." 

      He looked at me kind of surprised, "You don't have to be sorry about that. I haven't brought it up because I want it to be special for you. I want you to have everything you want". He stopped his sentence, thinking for a moment before continuing, "You've been thinking about us having sex a lot haven't you?". He had a smirk on his face that made me blush. 

      "Yeah yeah. It's not a big deal, I bet you've thought about it more than I have", I looked at him winking as I stood up. He looked up at me like he was waiting for me to say something else. He stood up in front me, pulling me into a hug. 

      He leaned his head down next to my ear, "Can you blame me for thinking about it, just look at you", he moved us over so that we are in front of Kim's mirror. He turned me around, his hands resting on my hips, he placed his head on my shoulder, "You're beautiful and beyond sexy. I'd be a complete liar if I said that I didn't think about what it would be like if we were together that way." 

      I'd be lying too if I said that I hadn't thought about what it would be like to be with Paul like that. To not have anything between our bodies, sharing each others heat. I actually have been thinking about it a lot lately, mostly deciding whether or not I'm ready. Standing here with Paul, looking at ourselves in the mirror, is making me realize that I am ready. I turned around, quickly kissing Paul.