Chapter 11: Family Game Night

Jackson was jumping on the bed to wake Paul and I up. I felt the motion, slowly coming out of my dream, to look up at the little boy. "What are you doing Jackson?", I blinked once trying to get my eyes to focus on him. 

      "I'm not tired anymore, I want breakfast," he sat down next to me looking from me to Paul. He continued jumping, "Can I wake Paul up?" I thought about it for a moment before answering, sorting through all of the things that could happen.

      Knowing that nothing bad would happen, I finally answered him. "Yeah go ahead, just don't hurt him". He immediately started to jump in between Paul and I, after he got tired of jumping, he sat down on Paul's stomach. I watched Paul slowly move his hands from by his head to grab on Jackson, and with one sudden movement he started tickling my little brother. It lasted for about a minute before Jackson was out of breath from laughing so much. 

      Paul looked over at me, sitting up with Jackson still in his lap, "Good morning gorgeous", he leaned over and kissed my cheek, completely aware that my brother was watching us. I looked at the two boys, giving me a little glimpse of what my life could be like some day, being able to wake up next to Paul in the morning and raising beautiful children that are a mix of the two of us. 

      "Good morning", I finally answered him. I heard Jackson's stomach growl, realizing that we should go get some breakfast, "Let's go get some breakfast, but first you have to put your shirt back on Jackson." 

      He looked at Paul and the back at me, "Paul isn't wearing a shirt. I wanna be like him and Jacob, so I'm not putting on a shirt". He scoffed at the ridiculous idea of putting on a shirt, I never realized how much he did look up to the boys. 

      "Alright whatever, Mr. Independent.", I paused for a minute hearing my stomach growl now, "Let's go get some food, Emily is probably cooking already". The three of us climbed out of bed, leaving the guest room to go down to the kitchen. As soon as we opened the door, we were met with the smell of bacon and eggs coming from the kitchen. 

     Paul and I walked down the stairs hand in hand, while I had Jackson on my hip, carrying him down. Once we made it to the kitchen, Jackson squirmed out of the arms so that he could go over to Sam and Emily. I watched Emily cooking the eggs, "Do you need any help Em?". 

      She looked from me to Paul, "No I'm almost done, Sam has surprisingly been a really big help today". She winked at Sam knowing that he normally doesn't have time to help. I know she's only teasing him to help get rid of his guilt that he has for not being around lately. 

      Paul led me outside to sit on the patio, "Cammy, um.. I don't know how to say this". I looked up at him suddenly so scared that all of my worst nightmares were happening right now. Paul decided he didn't want me anymore or he was wrong about me being his imprint. He must have seen the nervousness spread across my face because he suddenly started talking again, "It's nothing bad, it's just that you talk in your sleep." 

      I looked up at him staring to see if he was kidding, and I could tell he wasn't. "Shit Paul. I hope I didn't say anything embarrassing."

      "No, I don't think its embarrassing at least. You said that you are falling for me.", I felt the blush reach my cheeks more than it ever has when it comes to Paul. I've never really had a problem telling him how I feel, but I wish that I would have been awake for it.

      "Oh. I'm sorry, I know it's early for all of that. I was thinking about it before I went to bed so I guess I dreamed about it too." 

      A big, wolfy spread across his face as he took my hands, "I'm falling for you too Cammy. I'm just hesitant to put my feelings out there". I hugged him knowing where the hesitation comes from. He kissed the top of my head when we heard noises coming from inside the house.