Chapter 58: It's Going To Be A Good Day

Paul crawled into bed next to me at about midnight last night, so when I woke up at 8 to his snoring on the other side of the bed, I decided to make him breakfast. I pulled on a sports bra to to wear along with Paul's sweatpants that I slept in, making my way to the kitchen and immediately getting ingredients to make scrambled eggs and french toast. 

      I turned on some music while making the french toast, I started dancing around the kitchen to the country music coming from the speakers. I listened for the noises the food was making while just enjoying the music so much that I didn't hear Paul come down the stairs. I kept dancing as I moved the eggs around and flipped the french toast, I moved my hips along with the music until I felt someone watching me. 

      I turned around to find Paul leaning against the counter while looking me up and down, "Don't stop on my account", I just rolled my eyes at him and turned back to the food so that it didn't burn. He came to stand behind me with his head resting on my shoulder, "Someone is happy today". 

      I gave him a smile and a kiss on the cheek saying, "Today is going to be a good day, I feel it", before plating our food and handing him his plate. We sat down at the counter together and ate our food in silence before someone knocked on the backdoor. I looked to see Kim standing in front of the glass door while waving at us, I loved toward the door and let her in before returning to my seat. "Hey Kim, what's up?", she looked at me with a small smile before leaning with her elbows against the counter. 

      "I just thought that I would stop by since Jared has patrol until noon, do you mind?", she looked between Paul and I as we both shook our heads. Paul got up and did the dishes while Kim took his spot next to me. "How are you feeling today?", she asked while placing her hand on my stomach and receiving a kick from Olivia. 

      "I'm good. I'm in a really good mood today, so I am just going to the go with the flow", she nodded and laughed. 

      "How about we all go to Emily's?", she suggested from the spot next to me. Paul had gone upstairs to take a shower and was walking into the kitchen when she said this. 

      "That sounds like a great idea", he said while giving me a kiss on the cheek. He pulled me up from the chair and grabbed my hand before leading Kim and I out to his truck, making sure to move the go bag from my truck to his. I grabbed his right hand as he drove the extremely short distance to Emily's house, climbing out of the truck with the help of Paul. 

      We walked into the house, met by Sam, Emily, and Seth sitting at the table. I gave them a smile as Sam spoke up, "My god daughter hasn't come yet?", causing the other two to laugh. 

      "Trust me, I want her to come out more than you do. I am the one that is going to have to lose weight once she gets here", Sam just shook his head at me and laughed while turning back to the conversation he was having with Seth. 

      Kim and I moved to the living room, followed by Emily who was about a month pregnant and wasn't showing just as I expected. The three of us settled onto the couch watching a home makeover show when Leah stormed into the house with Embry following behind her as she continued to breathe deeply. I stood from my spot and moved toward the kitchen, earning a stare from Emily, but I completely ignored it, "Leah, you're over reacting", Embry said while looking at Leah. 

      "What the hell do you mean I'm over reacting?", she yelled at him. 

      "He'll come around, come on. You just told him about us". I had forgotten that Leah planned to tell Luke about the wolf secret, and I am assuming that he did not take it well. 

      "He just stared at me like I was a monster and then he said goodbye. I never thought that I would have lost him", she sighed loudly to convey her feelings. I went to open my mouth but before I did, Sam spoke this time.