Chapter 48: First Fight

The cold in the Cullen's house was more prominent since I didn't have Paul's warmth right next to me. Carlisle was gliding around the room and gathering all of the supplies while I checked my phone and texted Paul for the fourth time.

Cammy: What time are you getting here 

Cammy: Where are you?

Cammy: Paul?

Cammy: We have to start Paul

     I tucked my phone into my purse and looked at Carlisle, "We can start. I have no idea where he is". The gel was across my stomach now and he was using the probe to see all of the baby, he paused the image for me. 

      "She looks amazing, she is perfect for how far along you are. Do you want me to print these for Paul?". Although I was mad at him, he got the ultrasound picture at each appointment so that he could have the most recent one, I nodded and he hit the print button. 

      I was fuming waiting for picture to print so that I could head back to the reservation, the one thing that Sam always did was make sure that Paul wasn't patrolling during out appointments. He has no excuse for not being here for this appointment. I even reminded him this morning about the appointment, making sure to tell him the time so that he wouldn't forget.

      "Paul we have to go see Carlisle at 4 today. Just to double check that the baby is okay from all the stress that I have been under". He just nodded his head at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek

      "I'll meet you there as soon as I am done patrolling, 3 right?", he laughed at himself like he was the funniest person he knows. 

     I rolled my eyes at him and pushed his shoulder a bit, "4, Paul". He nodded his head and attacked my face with kisses. He stood up from his chair then and walked toward the doorway.

      Before he actually left the house, he turned back to me and shot me his sexy grin, "I'll be there at 4, I promise". I heard him run off the porch and then his body ripping so that he was in his wolf form. 

      Carlisle spoke and brought my attention back to him, "Here are the pictures Cammy, go easy on him. We are all under a lot of stress". I nodded my head and shot him a smile before shrugging on my jean jacket again and grabbing my purse. 

      I made it down to the stairs and out of the door without anyone trying to talk to me, I was reaching for the door handle of the truck when Esme appeared, "Cammy". I looked up to her and waited for her to continue, "I understand that you are angry with Paul, I would be too, but maybe try and talk to him first, not just yell". 

      I opened the door and put my purse on the seat with the ultrasound pictures sticking out, I took one look at them and remembered why I am so mad, "I don't want to be mad at him, I want to stay calm for the baby, but I just can't right now. All of you are going into a fight that could end with the people that I care about most getting hurt. I am constantly freaking out about that and this was the last time that I need him to be here before the fight and he missed it. He isn't on patrol and he promised me that he would be here, but he isn't". She ran her cold hand down my arm in a reassuring manner, I gave her a small smile, "I am going to head back home, I'll see you all soon". She smiled and watched as I got into the truck and drove away. 

     The freeway was empty, I drove slowly and took time to see if I could calm myself down before I got back home. My attempt was a failure and before I even realized, I was parked in front of Emily's again. I took a deep sigh and grabbed my purse, my eyes were immediately brought to the pictures sticking out of it. The simple black and white picture may not mean much to other people, but this picture shows the progress that my baby is making before she gets to be apart of the crazy world that is our lives. My breathing started to hitch and before I even realized I was leaving the car and rushing into the house and out of the rain.