Chapter 26: The Big Night

We parked next to Jared, the whole pack was already out of their cars and talking to each other. Paul climbed out of the truck, I slid over to my side of the seat and as I went to open the door Paul already was pulling the handle and holding his hand out to help me. I grabbed onto his hand and stepped out of the truck, I slightly lost my balance but Paul wrapped his arm around my waist so that I didn't fall he said, "I got you baby. I won't let you fall". We walked to the front of the cars where he addressed everyone, "Ready?". 

      Everyone got excited, Jake and Quil started wrestling as we all made our way to the gym. The large room was already full of the students and around the outside of the gym was a few teachers just talking to each other. We handed our tickets to the teachers at the door, we stood by the door talking until Kim's favorite song came on and she pulled on my hand, "Let's go! I love this song". We moved our way onto the dance floor, weaving between people so that we were further into the middle of the dance floor. We danced for the entire song by ourselves and when the next song started playing all of the guys joined us. 

      We spent probably an hour on the dance floor before I turned to Paul and Kim, "My feet hurt, can we go sit down?". They nodded and we made our way to the only open table in the room, Paul sat down and pulled me into his lap, I laughed and wrapped my arm around his neck. Jake groaned, "Can we go to the diner? I'm starving". I chuckled and looked around at all of the guys to see what they thought about it. 

      Seth replied, "Yes please. I am starving". 

      Embry and Quil both said, "Diner!"

      Paul laughed and looked to Kim and I, "We're only here for you two. Are you ready to go?". I nodded in agreement and then looked at Kim who was too absorbed in her conversation with Jared to hear what was said. I reached over the table to slap her arm, she quickly turned and said, "What was that for Cammy?". 

      I laughed and said, "Are you ready to go get food?". She nodded her head in agreement too, we all got up from our seats and made our way to the trucks. 

      We made our way to the diner that was on the treaty line, Paul took a deep breath and sighed before getting out of the car and leaving me alone to go talk to the guys. I climbed out of the truck and as I approached them, I felt their anger and the tension between them. I wrapped my arms around Paul's waist and looked up to him, "What's going on?". He looked down at me, "The Cullen's, a couple of them are here. Are you comfortable with going in there?". 

      I nodded my head, "Yeah I'm fine with it. We are all hungry. We'll just go to the opposite side of the diner". They all nodded and we made our way into the diner, the hostess  greeted us, "Hello how many tonight?". 

      I responded, "We have 8. Is there any chance that we could combine some tables over there?", I pointed to the right side of the building where the counter was. I think she could tell that we were trying to avoid someone, she grabbed the menus and led us to the tables that we quickly pushed together for her. We sat down and started to look over the menu when the waitress came, "Hello I'm Catherine. Can I get you all started with some drinks". We all ordered our drinks and looked over the menu for what we wanted to eat. 

      When she returned with our drinks and took our orders, she came over to me, "This is a note from a group on the other side of the diner". I opened the note and read it,

You look amazing in that dress. If you want to come say hi, we're leaving soon.      - Alice

      I folded the note up and looked over to Paul who read the note over my shoulder, "Please don't tell me you want to go say hi". I looked at him, pushing out my bottom lip like a child to try to get him to say it was okay. When he didn't agree I gave him a kiss on the cheek, "I'll be back in two minutes. I am just going to say hi. You can come if you want, to make sure I am safe".