Chapter 37: Christmas at the Uley Household

I woke up because of a sensation that was all over my face, I was coming out of my sleep with Paul kissing my face. I opened my eyes as he reached my lips, planting a gentle but passionate kiss on them, his eyes met mine and a smile grew on my face. "Good morning handsome, Merry Christmas". 

      He smiled and planted another kiss on my lips before sitting up, "Merry Christmas", then he leaned down toward my stomach and planted a small kiss on the still barely existing bump, muttering, "Merry Christmas little wolf". I smiled at him and the use of the nickname that has become a common thing, as I sat up with him, he stood from the bed and grabbed something from the hall, "I made Sam hide this for me", he dragged a very large box that was wrapped in Santa Claus wrapping paper. He brought it over to my side of the bed, sitting next to me with a large smile on his face, "Well go ahead and open it".

      I looked at him for a second, then I leaned over and tore at the wrapping paper. I tore the entire side off that was facing me, it was a crib. Paul bought us our first gift for the baby. I looked to him with a huge smile on my face, "Baby, this could have waited. We don't need this yet". He shook his head and just smiled while pulling me in for a hug. 

      "I wanted to be the first one to buy something for the little wolf growing in there", he poked at my belly and then he stood up. "Emily and Sam are downstairs, they're waiting for us. I already put our presents to them under the tree". I nodded my head and pushed the crib toward the closet so that I could get dressed. 

      Once we both were dressed, we made our way downstairs and could hear the Christmas music filling the entire house. Emily was dancing around the kitchen, making a bacon and egg breakfast for the four of us before the house fills up with all of our family and friends. Sam turned down the stove for a moment so that he could take her hand and twirl her around the kitchen, I smiled at their obvious happiness and complete love for each other.

      Paul and I sat at the table, watching them pull apart so that Emily could finish her cooking and Sam joined us at the table. "Merry Christmas you two, did you like your gift from Paul", Sam looked at the two of us with a huge smile on his face. 

      I nodded my head, "Yes I loved it, I am so happy that he bought it for us". I took Paul's hand and smiled at him while Emily sat the food down in front of us. This is the first day since I have met Emily and Sam, that they haven't had any of the guys in the house from the moment they woke up. Everyone will be over later in the day to exchange gifts and spend time together since most of us are the only family around the area. Well in my case, they're not the only family but they're all the ones that are supporting me. I was brought out of my thinking when I heard Sam and Paul break into laughter and Emily hit Sam's arm, "That was so mean, you're supposed to be nice to your wife". Sam chuckled and then leaned over to kiss her cheek, he turned back to his food and continued to eat his breakfast. 

      We all followed in his actions, finishing all of the food on the table, Paul has been making sure that I am eating more than I usually would. In his words, 'I have to keep mama happy and healthy so we can have a chubby baby come out of there'. I thought about how lucky I am for the rest of breakfast, and then Emily and I did the breakfast dishes before we all made our way to the living room. 

      Paul and I were sitting on the floor by the tree in the corner while Emily and Sam were on the couch next to us. Paul grabbed our gifts for Emily and Sam before he grabbed our gifts from them. I sat the box in my lap and looked up to Emily and Sam, "You guys first". They looked at each other and then to me but they didn't protest, Emily's face lit up when she saw the jewelry set that I had picked out. The entire set is silver, the earrings were just simple diamonds, the ring had two hearts on it, the necklace is a silver heart, and there was just a plain silver bracelet. Sam watched as she opened it before he opened his own, I watched him very closely his eyes lit up when he saw what Paul had picked out. He pulled out the tickets for his favorite band that was going to be in Seattle in a month, "Oh my god, seriously. Thank you both so much".