Chapter 57: Hospital Visit

I woke up at four in the morning to feel the cold bed behind me, I got up and stumbled around toward the bathroom, trying to find Paul. I got to the bathroom to see Paul rubbing Seth's back as he bent over the toilet and threw up everything in his system. He was telling him soothing words while I turned around to the guest room, grabbing his glass of water that was completely empty and making my way back to the bathroom. I filled the cup up before either of the boys noticed, "Sorry baby, did we wake you up?", Paul asked. 

     I just shook my head and leaned against the door way, "Are you okay Seth?". He looked like he didn't feel good so I gave Paul the glass so that he could make Seth drink some of it. Once Seth finished the glass of water, he said that he felt better before saying a thank you and returning to the guest bedroom. Paul and I watched as he settled back into the bed and returned to snoring about a minute later. Once the light snores were heard, we made our way back to our room so that we could try to get some more sleep. "What time do you have patrol?", I looked at him before turning off the lamp. 

      "I told Sam I would do a double patrol, so I'll start at 8 and be done around dinner time", I just nodded to myself and settled back into bed next to him. He pulled me against him so that one of his arms was under my head while the other was draped over my waist. I waited until I heard his even snoring before I let sleep take me again. 

     At about 8, Paul and Seth told me goodbye so that they could go patrol but I couldn't fall back to sleep so I decided to start my day early. I showered and got dressed before deciding to go over to Emily's house while the pack was patrolling. I grabbed my keys and wallet before locking the door and walking the path to Emily's. 

     I was walking through the backdoor as I heard yelling inside, "Dude he's not coming back right now, he needs time so quit trying to communicate with him", Embry yelled at Quil. 

      I saw the fallen look on Quil's face, "Maybe if we tried harder he would come home already. Can't you see that we all miss him, I miss laughing with him and seeing his face light up when he realized something. I just want Jake to come home". I moved so that they could see me now, both of the boys giving me a sorry look. 

      "Sit down", they did as I said before I took a seat across the table from them. "Jake is gone for now, but he will come home. I haven't talked to him but we all know the he misses us, he just needs time to himself. If you hear anything from him can you-", I was cut off by an extreme pain going through my stomach. I yelled out in pain making the guys run to my side, trying to figure out what is going on. 

     Quil tried to stand me up, "Cammy, let's get you to the hospital. Something could be wrong", the shooting pain came again before Embry stole my keys and ran out the back door and to my house. We waited until we heard the truck outside to leave the house, I slid in between the two boys while trying to breathe deeply to try and control the pain. "Embry, drive a little faster please. She could be in labor", I can't be in labor yet. I still have a month and Paul is out on patrol all day, this can't be happening, not right now. 

      Embry stepped on the gas while Quil offered his hand for me to squeeze as he pulled up to the hospital. Quil helped me out of the truck while I turned to Embry, "Go and tell Paul, he'll want to know what's going on. He'll sense that something it wrong", he just nodded and ran off toward the forest. I watched and waited for him to return before I let Quil walk me into the hospital. 

      Quil sat down with me while Embry was talking to the lady at the desk, "She is due in about a month and she is having really bad pain. Dr. Cullen is her main doctor so if she could see him as soon as possible that would be great", the lady made a call while Embry turned around to give me a slight smile. Before the lady could even say anything to Embry, Carlisle was walking through the door way and straight to me.