Chapter 28: Birthday

It's October 25th, that means that I turn 17 today and my dad was more excited than I was. This is my first birthday that he gets to plan the day out, the only thing is that I have felt sick all week. I've been completely nauseous until I get something in my system, but even after I don't feel great. 

      I woke up and got dressed, I put on a black bralette, a gray sweater, jeans, and gray sandals. I put on mascara and concealer so that it was simple. Once I was ready, I made my way downstairs and was met with balloons and breakfast. My dad was sitting at the table and as soon as he saw me, he got up and hugged me, "Happy 17th birthday! I can't believe that my first baby is 17 today". We sat down and I drank my coffee and started to eat my breakfast when my dad started again, "So you're going to spend some time with Emily today and then she will bring you back here for the party tonight". 

      I nodded and finished off my breakfast when Katie and Jackson entered the kitchen, Jackson immediately climbed onto my lap, "Happy birthday Sissy", he had a huge smile on his face. After I started to tickle him, he climbed onto the chair next to me and started his breakfast. I started to grab my dishes to put them in the sink when Katie came to my side and placed her car keys onto the table in front of me, "I got the dishes, head on over to the Uley's house, Emily is waiting for you". I nodded and said thank you before I grabbed the keys and my phone and drove the short distance to their house. 

      I pulled up in front of the house as Jake and Paul came out of the forest, I got out of the car and was met with hugs. Paul pulled me in first, "Happy birthday beautiful. I have something for you". He reached into his shorts pocket and pulled out a silver necklace that had a small diamond heart on it. I pulled my hair to the side and turned around so that he could clip it, when he was done I turned around and gave him a kiss, "It's beautiful Paul, thank you". He pulled me so that my back was against his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist. Paul had always been big of physical contact, but since we started sleeping together he seems to be more comfortable doing it in front of the others.

      Paul left Jake and I alone and as soon as he made it onto the porch Jake pulled me into an extremely tight hug, "Happy birthday Cammy. I have to go help Katie and Matt set up but I'll see you later". He gave me another hug before he ran off toward the road that leads to my house. Once he was out of my sight, I made my way into the house where Emily, Sam, and Paul were all sitting at the table. I sat down next to Emily, "Happy birthday Cammy. These two have to leave, so we have a few hours to ourselves". I nodded as Paul left a kiss on my cheek before him and Sam jogged out of the door together. 

      Emily and I were sitting down talking when I started to feel sick again, I got up from the table and grabbed a glass of water. I sipped it slowly when Emily started to give me an odd look, "Are you feeling okay Cammy?"

      I nodded my head and then decided to tell the truth, "I've been feeling sick off and on for a few days now. I don't know what is wrong with me". I paused for a minute to take in a deep breath, "Like seriously, what the hell is this". 

      Emily never took her eyes off of me and then she looked like she had an idea, "Have you and Paul done it more than just after homecoming". I nodded my head at her so she continued, "So don't freak out, but I think you should take a pregnancy test". I looked at her and thought through all of my symptoms, I nodded and followed her to the bathroom. She opened the cabinet below the sink and pulled out a pregnancy test, "I'll be right outside the door". I nodded and as she closed the door I pulled the test out of the box. 

      Once I was done taking the test, I put it on the counter and opened the door so that Emily could come sit with me. She came into the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub, "No matter what happens, I am right here for you". She held my hand as my timer went off, I looked at her with tears in my eyes before I even picked up the test. She gave my hand a light squeeze before I grabbed the test off of the counter and looked down at it. I felt the tears fall from my eyes and I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe.