Chapter 42: Surprise

Emily and I were sitting on the swing on the front porch, letting the pack have a meeting in the house. Emily put her book down and turned to me, "Have you thought about any names yet?". 

      I was staring out at the trees on the other side of the house when she said that, "Not really, I have a couple in mind, but I think I want to make her middle name Andrea for my mom". Emily nodded and gave me a small smile. 

      "I think that sounds like a great idea, now what other names were you thinking? I was thinking and I like Olivia, we could call her Liv. Plus it flows, Olivia Lahote, it sounds great. I looked it up and it means kind one and peace". I nodded and liked the idea, Olivia is a beautiful name.

     "It goes with his last name really well, Olivia Andrea Lahote. I love it and I think Paul will too". She nodded and laughed as Jake jokingly pushed Quil onto the porch, they came out laughing and the rest of the boys followed. Paul and Jared were the last two out of the house, Emily got up and walked into the house while the two boys walked toward me. 

      "Hey pretty girl, what are you thinking about?", he smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek as he sat down next to me on the swing. Jared leaned against the house and shot me a smile like he knew what I was going to say. 

      "Well I think we may have come up with a name possibility, you have to tell me what you think", he nodded and then looked to Jared who did the same thing. They urged me to talk, so I continued, "Olivia Andrea Lahote". 

      As soon as I said the name a smile spread across his face, he looked to Jared who had a similar look on his face. He looked back at me, "I love it. I am really glad that you chose to use your moms name for her middle name. I love it so much, and I love the name Olivia. What do you think Uncle Jared?". He looked to his best friend waiting for him to say something. 

      Jared chuckled a little bit, "I love it, but I definitely will be calling her Liv, it's a cute nickname". I laughed at Jared's excitement that was completely obvious in his voice. 

      The three of us continued to talk until a familiar car entered the drive way, my dad's black Chevy parked right next to Paul's truck and in only a few seconds, he stepped out of it. I looked at him in complete surprise, I haven't seen or talked to him since Christmas. I was brought out of my thoughts by Paul's squeezing my hand, I nodded my head to him and moved to meet my father by his car. 

      "Dad, what are you doing here?", I leaned against his car and looked up to him. My fathers eyes were fixed on my growing baby bump, my stomach is almost twice the size it was the last time he saw me. I cleared my throat to get his attention, his eyes shot up to meet my own and that is when he finally spoke. 

      "Well Katie and I talked it over and we would love it for you and Paul to come to our house for Easter. Jackson misses you so much and we want you to be able to spend Easter with all of us". I nodded my head at him, not really knowing what to say. 

      "I'll talk to Paul, but we will be there. Thank you dad, I really do miss you guys". He nodded his head at me, he gave me a kiss on the cheek and then I moved out of his way so that he could get in his car. I backed away and waved to him as he drove away and went back in the direction of his house. 

      I stood there to think about the interaction, he wasn't as hostile as he was at Christmas but he also wasn't very welcoming. I hate that I am having a baby and my own father isn't there for me, the only real parent that I have left doesn't even want to help me get through this. I am just beyond lucky to have Emily and Sam, they are like older siblings and parents rolled into one. They take care of me like parents but we also get along like siblings, it is the best situation that I could have asked for.