Chapter 32: Problem

Emily and I waited for hours, sitting in the living room just waiting for any news from the pack. When we didn't hear anything by 1, Emily finally said, "You need to go up to bed, get some sleep. You have school tomorrow". I nodded and stood up from the couch, I gave her a hug and then made my way upstairs. I settled into my bed, just listening outside trying to hear anything from the pack. I turned onto my side and just stared out the window as I fell asleep. 

      I woke up to Emily, "Cammy, you have to get up girly. I have your breakfast ready, the guys are all downstairs sleeping. They're going to school late, but you still have to go on time,you've already missed enough school". I rolled out of bed, grabbing my Sandlot tshirt that my dad got me for my birthday and black sweatpants. I pulled on white socks and black Ugg boots, once I was fully dressed and had my school things gathered I walked down stairs. 

      Emily and Sam were sitting at the table chatting about something when I sat down, I took a sip of the juice and then started eating the breakfast sandwich. When I was about half way done, "How am I getting to school, it's kind of a far walk". 

      Emily laughed, "Paul left his keys and a note on the counter, I am assuming that you're taking his truck". She looked at the time and then continued, "You should get going, please drive carefully". 

      I nodded and gave the two of them a hug before going to the living room to see all of the pack asleep. I found Paul on the couch, gave him a kiss on the cheek and then said, "I'm leaving for school, I'll see you later. You can go sleep in the bedroom if you want". He just stirred on the couch but did not say anything. I walked to the counter taking the keys and opening the note to read it, 

                   Cammy, we were up patrolling really late so I'm leaving you my keys to  drive to school,                     please drive careful. I love you so much and I will see you at lunch, Call me if anything                       happens. Take care of our baby. - Paul

      I shoved the note into my bag, grabbed the lunch out of the fridge before making my way outside. I climbed into the truck, throwing my bag onto the seat next to me then I started the truck and drove off to school.

      All of my classes seemed to go by really slowly when I didn't have anyone in the class with me. Having Kim in one of the classes, was the highlight of my morning, I couldn't wait to see everyone at lunch. When I made it to my locker to get my lunch, Paul was leaning there looking around for me. When his eyes found me, he pushed himself off the lockers and pulled me into a hug, "God I missed you. How was your morning beautiful?". 

      I opened my locker, "It was really boring, I actually enjoyed math today because it was the only class that I had someone in. You guys make my day one thousand times better", we laughed as we made our way to the table. Everyone was already sitting down and laughing together when we joined them, "How was your sleep? Most of you were on the floor when I left this morning". 

      "It wasn't that bad", Paul said before turning to the boys. They all shot him a look before he continued, "Alright whatever, it's not my fault I got to the couch first". 

       Embry scoffed, "Yeah and then you got your girlfriends bed. You weren't on the floor at all". We all laughed and ate our lunch before I finally wanted information about last night. 

      "Alright so can someone tell me about what happened last night?". Everyone looked at Paul and then to me, he let out a small sigh before he turned to me. 

      "Can I tell you after school, its a big thing. I shouldn't just say it here", I nodded and finished my lunch. The bell rang and it made all of us head to our afternoon classes. Those classes all seemed to go by faster, gym class has basically turned into a study hall for me. I sit there and get a head start on my homework for the day or I read whatever random book I chose for English class this month. I watched them as they played soccer, Paul and the boys competing against the humans, it was really unfair if you ask me. Kim just kind of runs up and down the court occasionally getting the ball passed to her.