Chapter 27: Day of Relaxation

I opened my eyes to the light shining in through Paul's bedroom window, I stretched and accidentally hit Paul, "Oh I am so sorry Paul".  

      He turned over and smiled at me, "You're fine baby. How'd you sleep?". 

      "Really well and I'm glad that I got to wake up next to you". He smiled and placed a small kiss on my nose before pulling away to look at his phone. He checked the time and opened a text message from Jared that said, 'Don't forget about going to Emily's for breakfast'. He laughed at the message and then closed his phone and put it back on his bedside table. 

      He sat up, moving his pillow so that it was behind his back. He pulled me onto his lap, "We should probably get going to Emily and Sam's house. She will want lots of stories". I laughed and agreed with him, I got up off the bed and made my way to my bag. I grabbed the sweatshirt that says 'probably late for something' and a pair of maroon leggings. I slid on the clothes along with a sports bra, while Paul pulled on some cut off jean shorts like he normally wears. 

      I gathered all of my clothes and put them back into the bag before grabbing my phone and charger. Paul carried my bag as we walked outside to his truck. The drive to Emily's was short, Sam was out on the porch talking to Brady and Collin who looked completely exhausted, "Now go home and get lots of sleep", Sam said. We met him on the porch and said goodbye to the boys that looked like they desperately needed a ton of sleep. 

      Paul stayed out on the porch with Sam while I went into the house and was immediately met by Emily, "Cammy, I want to hear all about your night". A giant smile plastered across her face as she was making the scrambled eggs. I laughed at her excitement and started with the events of the night. 

      "Well when we got to the dance, Kim and I, danced and then the boys joined us and we did that for a while. Afterwards, we went to the diner right on the treaty line and Alice was there with some of the others. I said hi to them but we didn't really talk much. We ate dinner and just messed around but Paul and I left before everyone else did to go back to his house". 

      She looked at me like she was waiting for something more, "You can't leave the best part of the night out of the story". I laughed but as I was going to continue, Paul and Sam walked into the house. They sat down at the table and started to eat their breakfast, Sam finished his bacon and then he turned to Emily and I, "Paul and I are going to go out and patrol after we finish eating. The others will join us after they eat". We both nodded and just had an unspoken agreement to continue this conversation later, when no one is listening. 

      We sat on the stools at the counter as the rest of the pack filed in to eat their breakfast. We just sat at the counter and ate our breakfast. The pack was discussing the events of their nights and the most interesting story happened at the party that Jake, Quil, and Embry went to. Jake caught Embry making out with some senior girl which surprised us all. After hearing all of the stories about the night, the rest of the pack made their way out to patrol with Sam and Paul leaving Emily and I alone again. 

      We moved from the kitchen to the couch in the living room and we turned on Clueless, Emily brought two muffins into the room and then she finally said, "So can you please finish telling me about your night? How was your night with Paul". She wiggled her eyebrows at me and then she took the wrapper off of her muffin and getting comfortable on the couch. 

      I sighed and broke off a piece of my muffin before starting, "Well when we got back to his house he carried me bridal style inside and he was so sweet and careful. He gave me a tour of the house and then we got to his room, everything just happened so quickly but also in slow motion. I remember every part of it. After we just sat and talked until we showered and after that we pretty much just crashed". I was just picking at my muffin as I was just thinking of the events of last night and replaying each in my head.