Chapter 56: Wedding Talk

Paul and I were driving to the Cullen house, me cuddled next to him in his newly fixed truck as I played with his fingers. I realized that the two of us only had about a month until we were officially a family of three. I felt the ground underneath us change as he turned down the narrow driveway that has become so familiar. 

      Emmett was cleaning his jeep when he saw us pull up, he shut off the hose and came to the side of the truck to open the door for me, "You guys finally got the truck fixed, it looks good". Paul gave him a small 'thank you' before coming to my side and taking my hand in his, Emmett lead us into the house and to the office upstairs. 

      Carlisle was waiting for us, the machine was already turning on while him and Esme shared a kiss. They turned when Emmett cleared his throat, Esme gave us a smile before leaving the room with Emmett following her. We heard the door shut as I sat down on the bed, leaning back and immediately pulling up my shirt to expose my stomach. The gel hit the warm skin of my stomach and as he listened for the heart beat, I couldn't help myself but to ask, "Has Bella heard anything from Jacob?".

      He just shook his head to tell me no, pausing the image and turning down the volume so the heart beat wasn't so loud. "No she hasn't. She is starting to worry about him", I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about Jake, he has always been my best friend. 

      "I just wish he would come back soon so that he could be here when the baby is born, but it's not looking like he'll be here", Carlisle gave me a small, straight smile. 

      "I know that Alice and Esme have some questions for you, I'll let you go find them. They should be in the kitchen", I just nodded and let Paul wipe off the gel before I made my way downstairs. Paul followed behind me and when I made it to the kitchen, he stood behind me with his arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder. 

      Esme was the first to greet us, "Hi guys, we just have a few questions", I just nodded in response but before Esme could respond, Alice cut her off. 

      "Would you like the chicken, the beef, or the vegetarian option?", I thought for a second before responding. 

      "Alice, I don't know if I'm going to be up for it. I'll have a newborn and I doubt that I will want to be away from her", Alice listened but as soon as I finished, she spoke. 

      "Well I want to have a place for you in case you decide you want to come last minute, so please just tell me what you want", she gave me begging eyes so I thought about the options again before answering. 

       "The chicken will be fine I guess. I also want to apologize ahead of time, if I decide not to come I will expect a ton of pictures", Alice smiled and nodded her head. They both gave us smiles before Paul realized what time it is. 

      "We have to go and meet the pack for dinner, thank you for everything you have done for Cammy and the baby", they both nodded and said goodbye before we went down the stairs and to the truck. 

      That night after dinner at Emily's, Paul and I went home to relax. I was laying on the couch when I suddenly decided that I wanted ice cream, I went to stand but immediately sat back down when my ankles throbbed from being so swollen. Paul looked at me worried, "Are you okay?", I slowly nodded before responding. 

      "My ankles just hurt, and I really want the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream from the freezer", he laughed at me and placed a kiss on my forehead before getting up and heading toward the kitchen. He returned in about a minute with the tub of ice cream and two spoons, I held the ice cream in my lap and took a spoon from him. As I started eating the ice cream, I felt Paul looking at me. I stopped eating, putting the spoon in the tub before looking up at him, "Why are you staring at me?".