Chapter 6: Facing The Truth

It's been two days since I saw Leah phase into a large wolf. I still am confused and hesitant about being involved. Billy said that it would be dangerous and I don't know if I want to put my family into danger, this is the hardest decision I've ever had to make. 

        I was brought out of my contemplating by the third chime from my phone in less that five minutes. I assumed that it was the boys texting in the group chat. They've been trying to check in on me but I don't know what to say to them, it seems like everything is a lot different than I thought it was. I can't be mad at them because they couldn't tell me even if they wanted to. They are on orders not to tell anyone. My phone chimed twice more before I finally decided to look at it. 

Jared: Cammy, are you okay? 

Jacob: We know it's a lot to handle, but we're here. 

Paul: Why don't you meet us at Emily's so we can talk. 

Quil: I think that's a good idea.

Embry: Cammy, please.

        I had to reread their text messages before I decided that I should see them, to realize that they're the same kids that I was hanging out with 4 days ago. I quickly texted them back saying that I will be there as soon as I get dressed. 

        My window had been open all morning so I knew that it was a little chilly out. I decided to wear a sweater with jean shorts. I didn't take long to get dressed and I didn't even bother putting on any makeup because it wouldn't cover up how tired my eyes look from the lack of sleep. As soon as I was ready, I went downstairs and told Katie where I was going. I gave her and Jackson hugs before leaving the house and making my way down the road to get to Emily's. 

        I walked a little slower than normal to get some fresh air before diving back into this confusing world of werewolves and legends. Even at my slow pace, it only took me about 10 minutes to get to Emily's little house that I have grown to adore. I reached the porch and sat down on the step, taking a minute to breathe when I heard something in the woods across from the house. I stared at the area that the noise came from fully expecting to see a giant wolf emerge but instead I saw Sam and Jared walking right toward me. 

        I stood up from my seat waiting for them to reach me. Jared came and stood in front of me, I hesitated before giving him a hug. 

        "I don't know why I expected this to be different than it was four days ago," I laughed at myself. In my heart I knew all of these boys were the same but knowing all of this news, for some reason I convinced myself that they weren't who I thought they were. 

        Jared laughed along with me, "Why are you sitting out here all alone? The guys are all waiting inside. Sam and I were just making sure you got here okay." 

        I could see the care in his eyes, "You guys were following me? That's a little creepy you know. Let's go inside so I can see my friends". 

        Jared and I walked through the door behind Sam. Jared pulled out a chair by the counter for me before taking his seat at the table. The boys were all scarfing down the muffins and other baked goods that Emily set out for them. I wasn't even thinking about eating until Paul came over, sitting a blueberry muffin in front of me before taking the seat next to me. 

        I looked at the muffin before picking it up and breaking a piece off. Paul watched me for a minute before speaking, "Cammy, you look like you haven't slept in days. Have you been eating?" 

        "I ate yesterday morning. I just didn't eat anything before I came over here. Sleeping has been a little hard the last couple nights. Avoiding you guys definitely wasn't helping."