Chapter 12: Wolf Girl

I woke up this morning feeling extremely confident. It's only been about a week since Paul and I made our relationship official. We spend at least an hour together every day, and the rest of the time I either spend with Jackson or over at Emily's trying to help her feed the pack. 

      I promised Emily that I would come over today to help her plan her wedding and to just hang out while the pack is out patrolling. I woke up at about 9 to Paul's soft snores, he came in through the window last night after his patrol, they had spotted the vampire and he got worried that she may come around. He was quiet most of the night, he only told me about the chase to get her, it ended in them chasing her half way to Canada before his patrol was over. 

      We just cuddled most of the night until we fell asleep, he was still holding me when I woke up. I turned in his arms, giving him a small kiss on his lips to wake him up. I saw his lips turn up into a smile, "I think I need one more before I can fully wake up". I laughed before giving him another gentle kiss. He opened his eyes, loosening his grip around my waist, "Good morning beautiful."

      I smiled at his words, he's part of the reason that my confidence has grown so much, he constantly tells me how beautiful I am and how much he cares about me. "Good morning. How are you feeling?". I know how stressed he has been, the elders are putting more pressure on the pack as the vampire keeps approaching the reservation and reminding them how much is riding on them catching her.

     He looked up at me, sighing a little before answering, "I'm better now and knowing that she was all the way up near Canada helps a bit. I just needed to know that you were safe. We have to get ready though, I'll go home and shower while you're getting ready, and then I'll come pick you up. How long do you think you'll take to get ready?" 

      I thought about it for a minute, "Probably like 30 to 40 minutes, I'm going to dress up a little today", I smiled as the words came out of my mouth. Paul giving me a sweet smile because of how happy I am. 

      "Who are you dressing up for? Have a secret boyfriend I don't know about?", Paul said smirking because he already knows the answer to that. 

      I stood up, deciding that he can't be the only one teasing in this relationship, "You know there is this really cute guy that I keep seeing around. Maybe I'll get his attention, but I don't know because he's part of some gang". I laughed knowing how much he hates that some of the teenagers in the area call them a gang. 

      He pulled me back down on the bed by my waist and moving on top of me, "Oh really? Maybe I just have to let everyone know that you're mine, maybe leave a couple hickeys", he smirked at me before leaning down to my neck. He started to leave kisses all down my neck before moving down to the exposed skin of my chest. 

      "Paul", I tried to catch my breath, surprised at what was happening, "If you leave any hickeys, my dad is going to kill you. Paul, uh I've never done it before." 

      He laughed at my mention of my fathers reaction, until it seemed like he realized what I said in the sentence before. "Cammy, I never want you to feel like I am pressuring you into having sex with me. I want to do this at your pace and I want you to feel comfortable." 

      I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his head down for a kiss. I pulled away from him, "Thank you for being amazing Paul, but we should be getting ready. I'll see you in a half an hour." 

     He gave me one last kiss before climbing back out of the window and running toward his house. I watched him run into the distance, while gathering a skirt and a tight white tshirt. I turned my attention from the window when he got out of view, grabbing my towel off the hook and making my way to the bathroom.