Chapter 20: Wedding

I woke up this morning completely nervous about setting up the stuff for the wedding. Paul tossed in bed, waking up when he didn't feel me next to him. I watched him as he shot up, looking around the room until he found me sitting at my vanity doing my makeup. He sighed when I began laughing at his reaction, "You can't do that to me. You scared me to death, dammit". 

     I finished my mascara, before getting up from my spot to go stand in front of him where he sat at the edge of the bed. He grabbed onto me, pulling me into him, while laying his head on my stomach his arms were wrapped around my legs. We stayed like that for a moment until I patted his back and pulled away slightly, "Wake up sleepy head, We need to head over to Emily's house so we can start setting up". 

     He groaned while reaching for his phone, "It's only 9 o'clock Cammy. Why so early". I laughed as I pulled away from him and walked to my dresser. The weather today was supposed to be slightly cloudy but no rain, and tomorrow will be sunny with no chance of rain. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a tshirt out of the dresser, I pulled them on not caring that Paul was definitely staring at me. I slipped the jeans on and was in my sports bra, as I was about to pull the shirt over my head Paul threw his own shirt over to me. I picked it up and looked at it confused, "What do you want me to do with this?" 

      He laughed, lifting himself off the bed. He grabbed his shirt out of my hand and pulled it over my head. "I want you to wear it silly". I blushed as I was completely aware of his fingers sliding down my bare sides. His hands lingered on my hips as he stepped back while looking me up and down, "See perfect. You look way better in it than I do. Now I'll meet you at Emily's, in say 5 minutes?" 

      I nodded, giving him a kiss before he walked over to the window and dropped out of it. I gathered everything I would need for today and tomorrow because Emily asked me to sleep at her place tonight so that I was there from the very beginning. I packed the bag before making my way downstairs. Katie was in the kitchen with my dad making breakfast while Jackson was sitting in the chair eating his cereal. "I'm going to get going to Emily's house, if you need anything just call me. I'll see you all at the wedding tomorrow. Love you". I gave them all kisses on the forehead and hugs before walking out of the front door. 

      I didn't text Emily as I left because I noticed a brownish red colored wolf across the road in the forest. As he noticed me, he turned back into the woods and soon Jacob emerged in his usual jean cut offs. We met on the side of the road as a car zoomed by, "What are you checking up to make sure that I get to Emily's okay?" 

      He laughed, kicking a rock the was in front of him, "Yeah I have to make sure the boss for the day is safe. Emily would have killed us if you didn't show up soon", he paused and then took a deep breath while looking at me, "Is that Paul's shirt?".

      I pulled the gray shirt from my body a little bit, "Yeah it is. He gave it to me before he left". I looked over to Jacob and he looked very focused, I only hoped that he wasn't thinking about my sex life again, "If you're wondering if we slept together the answer is no. I mean yes we slept in the same bed together but we did not have sex Jacob". I heard a sigh of relief and a chuckle come from him at the same time. He pushed me slightly to lighten the mood as we reached the driveway. I jumped on his back saying, "Onward, wolf boy", as I pointed toward the house. 

      We were inside the house within a few seconds as he ran faster than I expected him to. I took my seat at the table with everyone else, eggs and bacon already on the plate in front of me. I reached for the orange juice and poured it in the glass as Emily spoke, "I was going to send everyone to your house if you didn't show up soon. I figured you would be here early, should I blame Paul for you being late?"