Chapter 51: Feeling Better

I stirred in my sleep and heard a set of snores in the room, immediately my mind went to Paul, but he should be out on the couch. I opened my eyes to see Jake's chest still rising and falling in even breaths, but what scared me was the warmth moving in next to me. "Baby? Are you awake", I looked up at Paul and nodded at him. 

      He pulled me closer to him, his left arm was wrapped around me and his right was resting on my feet that were at his other side, "Is he okay?", I asked. Paul looked down to me with a slight smile and nodded before returning his view to his pack brother. 

      "Yeah he's good, but I can tell you that he is going to be stubborn as hell about not being able to phase", he laughed a little as the rain started to come down again outside. I just watched out of the window as he slouched against the pile of clothes to get more comfortable. I moved out of his grip and laid my head in his lap, one hand in my hair and the other one on my hip. I heard his breathing turn into snores, and after I was surrounded by snoring, I let myself slip back into sleep again. 

      The warmth underneath my head was gone when I woke up again, I rolled over to see Paul gone, but Billy had wheeled himself into the room to check on Jake. I rubbed my eyes as I started talking, "Hey Billy, where is Paul?". He just nodded his head toward the door, telling me to follow him. 

      We made our way to the kitchen where the smell of breakfast wafted through the air, I was planning on making breakfast but I guess that I can relax for now. Although when I finally got into the kitchen, making it so that I could see who was cooking, I was surprised to see Paul standing at the stove. I stared in astonishment, since I got back home almost a year ago I had never seen Paul cook until now. 

      "Babe, I do know how to cook", he said when he noticed my staring but when I walked closer to him, he continued. "I am yours forever and you're never getting rid of me, so quit staring". I just rolled my eyes at him and grabbed a glass of water before joining Billy at the table, while still watching Paul cook. 

      Once the food was done, Paul brought it to the table and then took a seat next to me, quickly piling food onto his plate while I took some eggs and a couple pieces of bacon. I was done long before Paul, but Billy finished around the same time I did with a laugh at how much Paul is eating. I grabbed the empty dishes but then I heard a groan from down the hall. Jake.

     I grabbed some water, making my way down the hall and into the bedroom again to see Jake trying to sit up, "Hold on wolf boy, you're going to hurt yourself". He slowed and waited until I could help him, propping up the pillow behind him so that he was more comfortable. I took a seat down by his feet, just waiting to see if he was going to wince in pain at all. 

      "Cammy, what are you doing here? You should be at home, in bed with Paul", I shook my head at him and then moved so that my back was against the wall. 

     "You think I am going to leave poor Billy here to deal with your stubbornness, no way. Plus Paul knew that it was no use to argue with me about me staying here, but your dad told him to stay too", I laughed a little at the words Billy had told us last night. I continued when he gave me a strange look, "I slept on your floor the whole night, Paul came in here at about 2 in the morning, and he just cooked breakfast for Billy and I". 

      Jake laughed, "Paul cooks", he continued laughing and it didn't seem to be hurting him that badly since he didn't wince at all. 

      "Yeah yeah, laugh it off you two", that made the two of us laugh even more when Paul was standing in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest like an angry child.