Chapter 8: First Date

I had set my alarm for 9 so that I had time to calm myself down for my date with Paul. I have no idea what Paul has planned but I know that I am excited that Paul will be the only person that I go on dates with. I climbed out of bed at about 9:30 to get some water from the kitchen. It's a Saturday in June, that means that dad and Katie took Jackson to the beach, they go anytime it's not raining. 

        I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge, noticing a note sitting on the table. 

Cammy, 

      Your dad and I took Jackson to the beach. We should be back before you get home from your date. Stay out and have fun. You deserve it, you're an amazing girl and Paul is a good kid. 

I figured that I'd save Paul from the dating speech for a little while. 

P.S. don't be nervous, you're beautiful and Paul agrees, trust me. 

- Katie

        I laughed, knowing that Katie is right. My dad will definitely give Paul some fatherly speech about dating me and what not. It won't do much though, considering Paul and I know that we're meant to be together. The Quileute ancestors knew that we were meant to be the moment he looked at me on the beach. 

        I took the note off the table, bringing it back up to my room with me. I got in the shower at about 10, taking my time washing my hair and body, shaving, and brushing my teeth. I was done showering and back in my room about 45 minutes later. I picked out a pink sundress that went to my thigh, it crosses in the back, and the pink color of it brings out the tan of my skin. I let my hair lay loose at my back, letting it air dry as I put on my mascara and concealer. It never takes me long to get ready, but I'm normally not going on my first date with my favorite person. I kept messing up my mascara and having to redo it. It took three tries to get my eyelashes to look how I wanted them to. Before I knew it, it was 11:30 and I still needed to get dressed and straighten my hair. I quickly pulled my dress over my head putting it in place, moving over to my vanity where my straightener was heating up. I slowly slid the straightener through my shoulder length brown hair. 

        Once I was satisfied with how I looked, I grabbed my brown platform sandals out of my closet and slipped them on my feet. I grabbed my wallet and phone while walking out of my room to make my way downstairs. I went to the kitchen once more to grab a small glass of water to settle the last of my nerves. When I took the last sip of water, there was a knock at the door. 

        I threw my phone and wallet into my purse on my way over to the door. I opened the door slowly looking up at Paul and getting rid of any nervousness that I had left on my mind. Paul was wearing jeans, a tight black t shirt that hugged his muscular biceps, and white converse.  

        I stepped out of the house so that I was right next to him. He wrapped his arm around my waist leading me to his truck. He opened the door for me, while I climbed in he finally spoke, "You look amazing Cammy". 

        "Thank you Paul. I wasn't sure how many shirts you owned, I think this is only the second time I've seen you wear one." 

        We both laughed and just sang along to the songs playing on his radio. I didn't even bother to look out of the window, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. 

       "What are you staring at," Paul said looking at me for a second before looking back at the road. 

       "You clean up really nice Paul," I suddenly realized that I still didn't know where we we're going. "Where are we going anyway?"