Chapter 34: First Appointment

I crawled out of bed and grabbed black jeans and an over sized yellow sweater, I pulled them on and put on a little bit of mascara before I made my way downstairs. The pack was all sitting at the table eating when I got down there, I don't understand how they manage to get up so early. 

      I smelled the breakfast, but suddenly I got a whiff of something burnt and it made me feel sick to my stomach. I stood at the counter for a moment, trying to catch my breath so that I didn't throw up, but with each breath the smell got worse. I moved back up the stairs and into the bathroom quicker than I thought I could, I leaned over the toilet and threw up the snack that I had before bed last night. I sat on the floor for a minute not even trying to get myself up, I took in deep breaths and when I knew that I was done, I flushed the toilet. Before I could try to get myself to stand, Paul and Jared were by my side grabbing my hands. I stood and caught my balance before they let go of me. "Go back downstairs, I'm going to brush my teeth again", the two boys nodded and walked down the stairs after hesitating. 

      Once I brushed my teeth and wiped the mascara from under my eyes, I walked back down the stairs and took a deep breath, they must have gotten rid of the burnt toast because the smell was now completely gone. As I took my seat, Sam looked to me, "What will it be today? Fruit or a muffin?" 

      I contemplated it for a moment, "A muffin please". He nodded and tossed a muffin in my direction, I caught the muffin and then poured myself a glass of orange juice. I finished the muffin quicker than usual and drank my glass of orange juice while the boys finished their breakfast. Once everyone was done, we all put the dishes in the sink before making our way out to the trucks. 

      We had mid terms coming up, so all of the teachers were reviewing the content and just giving us review packets to do for extra credit. They were all giving us time in class to do it, so we would all work on them together, making sure that they would get done and be correct. The morning classes went by really fast since we all just messed around for a little while before working on our packets. 

      Once we made it to lunch I suddenly wanted something sweet, I ate the fruit and sandwich that Emily had made for me, but it didn't take care of the craving. I sipped down my water when Paul spoke up, "What's up? You look like you're looking for something".

      I looked to him, "I want something sweet but I don't have anything", he smiled and dug through his bag before he pulled out a bag of cookies and placed them on the table. "Where did you get these?"

      The excitement was spread all across my face and it made everyone laugh before he answered, "I brought them from Emily's I figured that it was only a matter of time before you starting craving things. I figured a cookie would help with two different cravings, chocolate and sweetness". I hugged him and then grabbed a cookie out of the bag, I enjoyed both of them before the bell rang to signal the end of lunch. 

      The rest of the day was spent doing the same thing, just working on review packets for each class. When we got to gym, I waited for Kim to change and then we made our way out to the gym where I took my usual seat by the wall and pulled a book out of my bag. I leaned back against the wall and started reading as they started their game of soccer. 

      I didn't pay much attention to their game, completely engrossed in the book, I was only brought out of my world when Kim walked over to me and told me that class was over. I waited for her outside of the locker room and then we met the guys out in the parking lot. Paul was leaning against his truck like he was ready to go already, I walked over to him and gave him a kiss as he took my bag from me. He tossed the bag into the truck as I walked over to Jake, "We can't stick around to talk, we have to get going to see Carlisle".