Chapter 25: Getting Ready

The weather finally shifted and the cold fall breeze finally arrived, school has been flying by and I spend every moment outside of school at Emily's and with the pack. Homecoming is in only a few days, so I asked Kim to go dress shopping with me after school today. 

      The morning classes went by very quickly, Kim and I spent all of pre-calculus discussing what color would look best on us. We chatted through the entire class and I had tests in the two classes after that which made the day go by faster. 

      Paul and I met at my locker so that I could grab my lunch and then we made our way to our usual table with the pack. I sat next to Kim and Paul took his seat next to me when he got his food. We were all chatting until I turned to Paul, "Kim and I are going shopping after school, so I won't be riding to Emily's with you". 

      He nodded as he shoved a spoonful of mashed potatoes into his mouth, "What kind of dress are you getting?" 

      I pondered for a minute before answering and purposefully being very descriptive to tease him a little bit, "probably a tight dress, that is low cut and it'll be short". I picked up my water bottle and took a sip and I realized that Paul, Jake, and Quil were all staring at me. I laughed at their expressions, "What?" 

      Paul shook his head as he leaned across the table to swipe his hand in front of the boys faces to get them out of their trance. He finally responded, "You're going to make that night hard for me aren't you?" 

      I looked at him confused, "Why would I make it hard for you". I looked at him innocently as Embry laughed and commented, "You're going to make something hard". I looked at him and shot him a dirty look before I turned back to Paul and waited for his response. 

      "Oh you know why. You in a short dress will drive me crazy, you look good all the time, but having you more exposed will be torture", he paused and chuckled at my reaction before continuing, "Only because I know that I won't be the only one staring at you, every guy in this school will be, besides the pack." 

      I was honestly shocked by his statement, but then I made a really big decision. I grabbed Paul's hand and leaned towards his ear whispering, "How about after homecoming we sleep at your house". I am assuming that he understood what I was suggesting for the night. Even though we have been together for months now, we still haven't had sex. We have gotten close a million times but he wants it to be special for me, he wants me to feel special and know that I am the only one that he wants to be with. 

      He looked stunned before he responded, "Yeah, definitely. My dad isn't going to be home for like another week or two. That sounds perfect". I laughed as he kissed all over my face, he stopped when the bell rang which meant that we had to go to class and finish our day. 

      As soon as school was over, Kim and I said goodbye to the boys before we headed to Port Angeles to go dress shopping. We hopped in the car, Kim started the music on her phone and drove out of the school parking lot as the guys watched us leave. 

      It only took us about 45 minutes to get there because of Kim's speeding and the lack of traffic on the roads to get there. We parked right in front of the dress store, climbing out of the car and making our way inside. As soon as we opened the door and entered the store, a woman only a few years older, greeted us, "Welcome. My name is Nicole, what event are you shopping for today?" 

      Kim and I both responded, "Homecoming", when the words left our mouths and we heard each other say it, we laughed loudly. Nicole laughed with us while leading us to the part of the store that has shorter dresses, she put her hand on the rack to her right and then continued, "You'll find what you want here, if you have any questions just shout and I'll be here to help". We told her thank you before we started going through the racks of dresses. We each grabbed three to try on, I grabbed a tight green one, a loose black one, and a tight light pink one. Kim had a tight black one, a tight blue one, and a tight purple dress. We went into the fitting rooms right across from each other, we tried on all of the dresses and we couldn't decide, but we narrowed it down to two for each of us. I had it between the green dress and the pink one while Kim had it between the black one and the purple one.