161. Profiteer on the Floor (12)

Iris and Blake immediately returned to their base. But when they entered the base, they became stunned.

Why did their prosperous base suddenly become so isolated and empty?

A young man immediately rushed towards them. Iris asked, "What happened?"

A young man took a sharp breath and said, "Zombie attacked... They destroyed our lab and harmed our scientists! Because you guys weren't here a lot of people left to seek shelter in another base!" 

Blake frowned, "Why would zombies attack a base suddenly?"

Iris suddenly had an idea about this attack. She immediately asked, "Was the attack organized?"

The young man looked at her in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Iris slowly explained, "I meant did the attack look like someone was guiding them or leading them?"

The young man thought for a while then said, "Now that you said it, it seems to be true. The zombies were too organized. They didn't attack normal helpless people. They fought with the power users and when they destroyed the lab, they immediately left."

Blake looked at Iris and asked, "Are you suspecting that the zombies have evolved and now they don't want the zombie virus antidote to coming out?"

Iris nodded. She sighed, "If only we were here at the time maybe we could stop those zombies."

Iris immediately stopped after saying this. A chill ran down on her spine.

If only they were here!?

Immediately what Maria did came to her mind. Iris shook her head.

No, it can not be! Maria is a human herself. Also, she is the heroine! How can she harm the same kind as her!?

But no matter how much she tried, she could not get that suspicion out of her head.

Blake looked at Iris who was lost in thoughts. He asked softly, "What happened?"

Iris pondered on whether to ask out about her suspicion out loud or not.

Finally she could not stop herself and asked Blake, "Today...... We could reach back in base in time if not Maria blocking us with her weird behavior."

Blake narrowed his eyes, "You mean she did it intentionally?"

Iris shook her head, "Just a suspicion. Not sure!"

Blake slowly said, "It has high chance of being the truth. That woman is weird!"

Iris nodded.... Heroine changed a lot and has become a completely different person!

Iris hugged Blake and said in muffled voice, "If not for her we could come in time and save our lab."

Iris worked really hard for this base. Now her weak side is distressing Blake.

{Hero's Hatred Points: 80}

Sia laughed looking at the points, 'So they finally figured out a little.'