Chapter 14: Hospital

(Liams POV)

                Louis was taking forever to come in with Paul. Mackenzie had ran in about 5 minuets ago and she was now on Harry's Lap telling her about some show she saw on TV. I was sitting there with all the boys when Nick came up behind us franticly. "Guys get up we need to go now!" He said. "Where are we going? What's wrong?" I asked getting up. "It's Louis they had to take him to the hospital. I don't know why but we need to go." Mackenzie started crying into Harrys neck. We all got up and followed Nick to the car. Why did they take him? He was perfectly fine this morning. 

After the short drive to the hospital we all got out of the car, Harry Carrying a crying Mackenzie, and ran towards the reception desk. "We are here for Louis Tomlinson." I said trying to keep my composer for Mackenzie. "He just arrived here a couple minutes ago. He is going under a few test at the moment. If you wait in the waiting area we will inform you what is going on." She said after typing away at her computer. I nodded and all of us went to the waiting room. 

"I don't want daddy to be hurt. He can't leave me" Mackenzie cried balling in Harrys chest. We didn't know what to say. We didn't know if he would wake up or how bad this really was. Heck we don't even know what happened. All we know right now is that we have to be there for Mackenzie. 

***

It felt like we had been here for hours. When the band and crew found out about Louis they come straight over here too. We are currently all packed in the small room. "The people here for Louis Tomlinson." I Heard a nurse yell from the door. We all stood up. It reminded me of that scene from the movie The Game Plan when Peyton ate the peanuts and had to go to the hospital. "I'm Sorry I can only take two back to get talked to." She said. Paul looked at me and I nodded. Paul and I went back while everybody sat back down. 

We walked into a room where we saw Dr. Sefron at a desk. He motioned for us to sit in the chairs in front of him so we did. "Hello, we just finished the test. It turns out Louis's cancer is spreading faster than we thought. He had pushed himself to hard today and that caused his lungs to go into shock. Right now he is unconscious and on a ventilator to help his lungs recuperate. We will have to start him on those chemo pills I was talking about as soon as possible. They are practically Chemo in pill form so if he doesn't feel well some days that is why. Also while we were checking him we found that he is very malnourished. Has Louis been eating regularly?" He asked. 

                "Um I guess he had been eating less of the food on his plate now that I think of it." I said. "Thats completely normal for Adenocarcinoma patients, but it's not healthy. His stomach is not allowing him to process nutrients well so the little food he intakes isn't enough to nourish him. We will need to do a procedure tomorrow to give him something called a g-tube. It will be a tube coming out of his stomach which he will get all the nutrient he needs. I'll give you more information on it before he is discharged." He said.  "When will Louis wake up?" Paul asked. "It will most likely be after his surgery seeing that we had to give him lots of medicine to ease the pain we knew he was in." He said. "Can we go see him? Mackenzie has to see him she is distressed." I said. "Well usually we don't allow kids under 10 in this section but I guess I can make an exception. Realize that he doesn't look very good right now. He has lots of machines attached to him." He said getting up from his chair. "I need to go inform the desk but I can only allow 6 in the room. It's not that big." He said. I nodded and walked out with Paul.  

When we got to the waiting room we informed everybody of Louis condition and told the guys to come back to see him. It was Paul, Harry, Niall, Zayn, Mackenzie and me going to go see Lou. When we got to the door I looked at everybody Mackenzie was cuddling her blanket with puffy red eyes on Zayns hip. "Okay he may not look very good. So just be prepared okay." All the guys nodded. I looked at Mackenzie and asked her with a sweeter tone. "Okay?" She just nodded lightly.

        Paul opened the door and there was Louis on the bed. He had a a tube coming out of his mouth helping him breath. He was not wearing what he was earlier but instead a hospital gown. There were many wires coming out from the Heart Monitor Patches on his chest and he had a tube up his nose starting to give him some of the nutrientshe was lacking. The whole room was silent except for the  constant beeping of Machine telling us that he is still alive. Mackenzie jumped down from Zayn's grip and went over to the bed. 

                "Daddy you promised me. You promised me you wouldn't leave! You are my person (Grey's Anatomy Reference) and I need you" Mackenzie said grabbing Louis lifeless hand. Then the unexpected happened............... We all saw Louis fingers slowly wrap around hers.