Chapter 13: Rehearsals

It was exactly one week till the the guys first show and we are all were heading to rehearsals right now. They decided that they would just put my part on the speaker and let the fans sing along so the guys wouldn't have to worry about singing my part. We arrived at the warehouse and went inside. There was completely no one outside. Not one camera flash or scream. This really was a secret location. 

I Picked up mackenzie out of the car and put her on my hip. We both felt 1000% better than we did last week. Let's just say the guys really had their work cut out for them. It wasn't a very fun day. 

"What is this place?" Mackenzie asked scooting down so she could walk. I grabbed her hand "this is were our stage is so we can practice. Have you ever been to a concert?" I asked as we walked through the doors. "for my wish I got to go to a Taylor Swift concert! It was awesome she flew over me!" She said moving her arms above her head to demonstrate. I laughed. 

We walked all through the warehouse till we reached the middle open area were the stage was. It was huge! There were so many ramps and stairs that I knew would be a problem in the future but for now it was the best stage a band could ask for. 

"So are you guys going to just stand there and stare at the stage or are you going to go test it out." Nick our tour manager said. "Did you come up with this!" Liam asked him. "With a little help yes" he said. Mackenzie sprinted up the side ramp and on to the stage before any of us could get up there and follow her. "Kenz please don't stand on the edge." I called to kenze who was swinging on the rail. She stopped and skipped back over to me. "This is awesome!" She said staring out with the rest of us. This was were we would be spending the next 8 months and there is no place I would rather be. 

***

We ran through our songs as a group and right now the guys are going over the new formations for the show next week. "Daddy i'm bored can we go outside or something?" Mackenzie said. "Well I guess it beats sitting here huh?" She nodded. I informed paul where we were going and he said he would go check on us in a bit since there wasn't anybody out there. I grabbed Mackenzie's hand and led her out the back door to an open field of grass. She looked up at me and gave me a smirk. 

"YOU'RE IT!" She yelled tapping my side and running away. "Oh it's on little one!" I went around chasing her till she suddenly stopped and bent over "whats wrong Mackenzie are you okay?" I asked getting worried. She got back up and turned around. "Daddy look at this leaf! It's bright yellow!" I sighed out the breath I was holding in. I thought she was sick again. "You little munchkin scared the death out of me!" I said scooping her up and flipping her causing her to erupt in an fit of laughter. I set her down and straightened out her dress. I gave the same smirk she gave me. "Your it" I tapped her solder and ran in the opposite direction. "Hey not fair" she said running after me.

***

"Favorite soda?" I asked. "Sprite" she answered. "Favorite Color" she asked. "green" I answered. After running around for 10 minuets we were both exhausted so right now we were laying on the grass and staring at the sky playing 20 questions.

                "Daddy i've never told anybody this but I'm scared" mackenzie said turning to face me. "about what?" I asked facing her. "I know the doctor said I was getting better but what if he was wrong. what if I never get better? I want to live a ling time." she said. You could see the actual fear in her eyes. "You are getting better Mackenzie Doctor Sefron knows what he is doing. You don't have to worry you will live a very long life." I said kissing her forehead. "With you? I want you to live a long time with me." She said still scared. "I'm trying my best. Just always remember that i'll always be there for you no matter what. alright?" I asked. She nodded a single tear running down her face. I slid my thumb on her check wiping it away.  "promise me you won't leave me. You are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time." she said holding her pinky out. I never have felt more unconfident about a promise in my life. I had no clue how much this cancer would progress. No matter what I knew I needed to make this promise for her. She needed reasurance. I locked my pinky with hers and a small smile formed on her lips.

                "Louis they need you back inside" Paul said from behind us. I knew he had been standing there for a while because his eyes were on the verge of watering up. Mackenzie had ran back inside while Paul and I were walking far behind. 

                "Your a big softie." I chuckled playfully hitting his arm. "I just worry about you sometimes. Your suppose to be my pain to deal with but now I have to watch you go through this." he said. "I'm getting through it. Don't you worry soon I'll be up and........." 

My Chest. It hurt so bad... I... I couldn't breath. I gripped my shirt and fell to my knees. All I heard was the yelling of commands and people running my way before everything went black.