Chapter 24: Valentines day

When you think of valentines day a hospital is not usually the first thing that comes to mind. Especially being 23. I never Imagined I would have a kid and cancer and would be in a hospital bed waiting for scans and getting chemo on valentines day. I looked over to see Macenzie sitting across the single hospital chair with her legs over the arms. She was captivated in the Rio movie playing on the small tablet. The guys all flew their girlfriends in and were at dinner right now. Well everybody except Harry and Niall who went clubbing. Harry and Niall were going to stay but I forced them to go and have fun which I knew they hadn't seen In a while. And they were also all here this morning so I was glad they all were able to go out. 

I was looking down on twitter she I heard a knock on the door before it opened. I started to get out of bed without even looking up thinking that it was my doctor getting me for scans but whenI heard her voice my head snapped up. 

"Hey Louis" Taylor said coming inside. "Taylor what are you doing here? I thought you left yesterday?" I asked confused. "I stayed here for an extra day. It was either have a free day there or here and I just stayed. Mackenzie told me you would be in here today." Taylor went over to Mackenzie and gave her a hug from behind. Mackenzie turned her head around and took her headphones off. "You actually came!" she said giving her a hug. "You actually kept the secret!" Taylor said in the same voice. She grabbed another chair and pulled it up next to Kenz by my bed. I turned around and sat with my legs crossed.

"So I know it kind of stinks that you are stuck here on valentines but I was thinking it doesn't have to be that bad. I brought some Chinese take-out and cookies from the bakery down the street. I also brought the best action movies you could find at target without getting noticed." She chuckled. I was amazed. She probably had manny other things she could of been doing but instead she was here with me. "Thank you so much Taylor. You didn't....."Then the doctor came in and ruined everything. 

"Louis it's time." He said completely ignoring that I was mid sentence.  I got out of bed and grabbed my pole hanging my chemo. "Sorry I have to go get scans done. Thanks again for coming I'll be back in a little bit. Kenz be good." I said giving her the eye. "No daddy I'm going to make a mess while your gone."She said sarcastically.

She gets her sass from me and i'm not even ashamed. I laughed and walked out. I followed the doctor to the room and did all the usual. I unzipped my jacket and laid down on the table. Considering I have a tubes and wires coming out of my chest I finally discovered that wearing a shirt was not the  best option. He placed my hands into place and told me to stay still. I don't think he knew exactly how many times i have done this. After 15 minuets I got moved out of the machine and zipped my jacket back up. "Okay Louis I will have the results tonight." He said. I nodded and went back to my room. 

When I got back Mackenzie and Taylor were talking about Taylor Lautner and how there was no resemblance between them. I laughed when I heard her question which caused them both to turn around and look at me. "Daddy did you know that Taylor Lautner isn't related to Taylor!?" Kenz asked as I sat back down on the bed. "Yes Kenz I was aware." I chuckled. She just looked at me shocked. "But they have the same name!" She said. Taylor and I couldn't stop laughing at  her disbelief. 

"Okay I don't know about you but I am starving. Kenz I got you some orange chicken and I got you some chicken fried rice Lou." Taylor said pulling out the little Chinese boxes. "Thank you" I smiled taking the box. I have been eating a lot more since I have been taken off the Gtube and this hospital food was seriously not cutting it.

"So what movie is first?" I asked leaning up against the bed. "I got the Amazing spiderman 1 and 2. I hope thats okay." She said. "Thats perfect." I moved over to the side on my bed and Mackenzie climbed in next to me. "Taylor sit right here!" Mackenzie said patting the space on the bed beside her. I think they gave me the biggest bed they had. It was probably because of my name but I didn't mind to much.

"Oh it's okay Kenz I don't want to squish y'all." Taylor said. "It's fine Taylor trust me. This bed is so huge Niall took a nap on it earlier with me still in it." I chuckled remembering how he could barley keep his eyes open at 10 O'clock this the morning. Taylor got in on the other side of Kenz after putting the movie in and to my surprise we still had plenty of room. Here I was on valentines eating chinese and watching spider man in my hospital bed with my daughter and Taylor Swift. Now that is one sentence I thought I would never say. 

half way through the second movie Mackenie fell asleep on my shoulder. Unexpectedly my doctor came in and motioned for me to follow him out. I slightly moved mackenzie off my shoulder so she didn't wake up and she just cuddled into Taylors shoulder. "I'll be right back." I whispered to Tay. She nodded and paused the movie. 

I walked outside my room and closed the door. I followed the doctor down the hall and into his office. I sat in one of his chairs and he sat in the desk. I knew something had to be wrong considering he just didn't tell me the scans were clear. "Well Louis the scan results came back. I have a question. Have you had any other pains recently?" he asked. "Umm no. I mean my head had been hurting occasionally after the last incident but thats about it." I said. "What was the last incident?" He asked flipping throughout the file. "Water filled my lungs and caused major pain in my head from the lack of oxygen. That was last week." I said. "Would you say the pain was unbearable?" "Very much. I thought I was going to die right there."

I was scared to where this was leading. "Louis it looks like that incident actually saved your life. The pain in your head wasn't completely from the lack of oxygen that usually doesn't cause much pain. The lack of oxygen triggered a small brain tumor to grow, It would of never been caught in time if it wouldn't of grown." He said.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I thought this cancer was shrinking not growing in my head. "so...so what do we do now? I mean you said we caught it in time right, Do I just need more chemo?" I asked.

"You really need surgery right away. Brain tumors can grow really fast and it looks like that is what yours is doing now. I personally think you need to go back to your original Doctor Dr. Sefron. He is known around the world for surgeries like this. I will give him a call if you want?" He asked.

"So this means I need to go back to the UK. Like now?"

"I'm sorry Lou. This is a really dangerous situation. It needs to be taken care of immediately." he said. I sighed.

"I guess I'll do it."