Chapter 30: Learning to love the life given

(Louis POV) 

Simon is making us do another interview to update everyone on my condition. We are currently at a random studio because there isn't really a big station here in Georgia.

I am currently sitting in a make-up chair with 5 people around me trying to make me look less sick. No matter how hard I argued to not get make-up nobody was listening to me. I mean the fans already saw me pale and thin yesterday when the paparazzi pictured me at the airport. I sat in the chair for a good 30 minuets until they all finally stepped away and I could see myself in the mirror. I looked completely normal. except for the bald head which also was back to my normal skin color and the scar was looking less red. That is probably the hardest thing I have had to deal with is looking in the mirror and seeing a bald head with a huge scar on it. Apparently we shaved it after my second round of chemo.

 I currently have about 30 beanies in my suitcase and I plan to use every single one of them. I know most people make it seem that loosing your hair is not that bad when you get cancer but let me just tell you this is definitely the worst part. I have never felt so insecure. 

 I went to Lou's room and went over to her. She grabbed my beanie I had and alined it on my head. I then went and sat by Mackenzie on the couch while Lou did everybody else's hair. 

"Louis we need to get out there." Harry said. I grabbed my tablet and followed him. I was so lost in my thoughts I hadn't even realized that everybody already had their hair done. 

We got to the couch and the interviewer came behind us. He had no idea about anything right now he just knew we had news. This interview wasn't live it was going to be pre-recorded to show in a few hours.  After this we had to go to a signing/meet and great. After that we were going to the venue where a sign language teacher  was going to come and help us before the concert. I literally just got out of the hospital yesterday and there was completely no breaks but right now this is the kind of craziness I need to keep my mind off things. Such as Mackenzie. I just couldn't remember her and I still can't believe I am an actual father. I feel bad when she gives me a sad/mad look. I hope I can just remember soon. 

"One Direction thank you for being here with me today." The interviewer Sam said. "It's good to be here." Liam said. "And Louis how are you? We heard you had an operation. What was it for?" He asked. I couldn't believe I was going to do this but I took off me beanie and turned my head. Sam showed a face of disgust so I put it back on.

"He had a growing tumor in his head and needed emergency surgery. There were some side effects though that affected him. He has memory loss. He can't remember anything from the last 3 months. His brain also can't remember how to produce sound so he is temporarily mute. They are both things that will come back but we just don't know how long it will be." Liam said. Sam looked shocked. "So what about One Direction? Are the concerts going on. Do you even remember the song lyrics louis? Do you realize what this is doing for the other guys?" Sam asked rudely. I gave the guys the hold on single so I could type.

*Okay first off I am not causing any concerts to get canceled  they are still going on. If you were smart enough you would of figured that out on your own considering we are here and not back in London where I could of taken more time to recover. Also if the album came out 5 months ago do yo really think I forgot the lyrics?* I typed.

"Okay well what about Mackenzie? Did you think about how you effected her. I bet you didn't know that only a week before your surgery her school had a shooting and she was 1 of 5 survivors. She was attached to your hip and now we get pictures of her walking with one of the other guys with a sad face." He said. "Dude was that really necessary! Some stuff didn't need to be said right now!" Niall said getting mad.