Chapter 22: My happy moment

(Louis POV) 

“NOOOOO!!!!!” A blood hurdling scream woke me up. I snapped my eyes open to see that Niall was carrying Mackenzie who was screaming at the top of her lungs reaching her arms back to me. “Whats going on?” I asked rubbing my eyes. “We were going to go back to the hotel but she doesn’t want to leave.” Niall said. “DON’T MAKE ME LEAVE! DADDY PLEASE!” she cried in between sobs. “Niall she will be fine here just let her stay the night.” I said. “Are you sure Lou?” I looked in Mackenzie’s eyes and could see the plea. I don’t know why she was not wanting to leave. She had never done this. “She will be fine just bring her here.” I said holding my arms out. Mackenzie got put back by my side and she cried into my chest. I gave Niall a questioning look and he shrugged his shoulders not knkowing what was wrong. “Okay Lou we will be coming back tomorrow. You are getting discharged.” He said. I nodded and laid back down. Niall and the guys left and Mackenzie’s tears started slowing down. 

“Kenz can I ask why you freaked out when you were about to leave. I thought you didn’t like the hospital?” I asked. She shook her head no while twirling her fingers around my oxygen tube. “Please talk to me Kenz. I want to help…..” after a few moments of silence I heard a faint answer. “I thought I would never see you again.” she said barely under a whisper. I realized that she was still recovering from the shooting. “Daddy he pointed the gun at me then put it down and ran out….. he shot my best friends. Ashley and Tommy are gone.” She said tears falling down her face. I put my arms around her and pulled her close to me. “Kenz i’m so sorry.” I didn’t know what else to say.

“When I almost died when I was 3 mommy told me to think of a happy moment and it would help all the pain go away. I knew I would still feel hurt but at least I would think happy. All I could think about when the gun was pointed at me was the concert you pulled me up on stage and we danced around.  I thought I would never get to do that again.” She cried stuffing her face in my hospital gown. “Kenz you are going to have many more concerts to go to and I will always be by your side. Nobody will ever hurt you. Do you believe me? Even when I am at the hospital and you go back to the hotel with your uncles you will still be safe. Okay?” I asked. “Okay” she mumbled lifting her her head out of my chest.

“Okay now lets get some sleep. We have to get on a plane tomorrow.” I said putting the bed down to be straight. “Okay daddy, love you.” She said reaching up to kiss my head. “Love you, Please don't go karate Ninja Warrior on me tonight.” I chuckled closing my eyes. Not long after we were both asleep to the steady beat of my heart monitor. 

***

I finally got that stupid tube out of my chest and we were about to leave. I was a little sore but not to bad. “Ready?” I asked Kenz who was sitting next to me. She nodded and hopped off the bed. I haven’t gotten up from bed since I fell at the concert. I got out of bed slowly making my way to the bathroom. I changed into some shorts and t shirt. My front area of my body was defiantly getting some major battle scars. I slipped a beanie on my head and went back out to Mackenzie and the guys. I grabbed Kenzie’s hand and followed the guys out the door. Lucky us the fans caught on when they realized the concert got delayed because of me so now the whole hospital is crowded with them. We got to the first floor and when they saw us and went crazy. Mackenzie gripped my hand harder so I picked her up.

“Louis are you sure you can hold her? Why don't you let one of us do it.” Liam said. “Liam she is not even 75 pounds. I’ve got her.” I said. following them. 

We got outside and there was many security guards pushing fans back. They were grabbing at my arms and shirt but I got into the car before any damage was done. We drove to the airport and got on our private plane to go to Tampa, Florida. I set up my last tube feeding. Yeah thats right last one. I have gained more weight since the chemo has been shrinking the tumor in my stomach. I have been able to eat more so the doctor said i can go back to all normal meals as long as I eat 3 times a day. When I set the bag on the hook and the tube in the hole in my stomach Mackenzie came and climbed in my lap. I bent down and got the IPad out of my bag. I handed it to her to pick a movie and she chose The Princess Diaries. Of Course. Luckily this was a shorter plane ride than most. 

***

“Hey Kinz I have a surprise for you! Since we got here later than we were suppose to there is another concert going on tonight that I am taking you to. Can You guess who?” I asked as we walked into the hotel. She tapped her index finger other chin and gave me her best thinking face. “hmmm Taylor Lautner!” She said smiling. I gave her a weird look. “What? you told me to guess.” she shrugged. “well you got half of it right I guess but this is a concert Kenz. Think singers.” I laughed. “Hmmmm Taylor….Taylor… OH MY GOODNESS WE ARE GOING TO TAYLOR SWIFT!” She yelled. 

You guys make me so happy all the time! Thank you for reading and caring about this story! I love hearing what Y'all think :)