Chapter 58: The recital

Being home is the best feeling in the World. I haven't been here in a really long time. I don't even remember the last time I was here. My room hadn't changed except for Ally's stuff neatly set on one side of the room. 

I finished unpacking my bag and repacking my tour suitcase and went to check on Kenz. When I walked in her room Kenz was picking up her toys while Ally was packing clothes into Mackenzie's suitcase. I went up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. 

"Thank you so much for helping. I never know what to pack for Kenz she always ends up wearing a tour t shirt." I laughed. "It's true I have like 50 of them." Kenz added from across the room. "Yeah I was wondering why she had so many." Ally chuckled. 

"Okay well I'm starving. I'm going to order pizza. Kenz I know you like Pineapple and Al Pepperoni am I right?" I asked. They both nodded. I then went to Zayns room. I knocked then went in to see him packing too. "Hey any specific kind of pizza you want?" I asked. "Pepperoni is fine." He said. "Okay. Are you almost packed? I asked laying on his bed and pulling out my phone to order the pizza. "I'm practically finished." He said closing his suitcase. 

"Yeah I need a small pineapple and two large pepperoni pizzas." I said into the phone after a person finally picked up. She told me my total and I hung up. "Okay 30 minuets." I said. I walked out of his room and back to mine. I had to still make sure I had everything in my carry on bag. The bag I kept all my medicine and other stuff in.

I checked and I had my new chemo pills, my nausea and headache medicine, and some extra cannulas just in case. Dr. Sefron told me I didn't need oxygen anymore but I never know what could happen in the couple months I will be away.

 I was digging through the bag taking out all the old medicine bottles when I came across my electric razor. I haven't used that since my first chemo treatment. I sighed and set it back in the bag. I knew it would need to be used again after the side effects set in which reminded me that I needed to pack my beanies. I just grabbed a few from the stack in my room and shoved them in my bag. 

I heard the doorbell ring and Mackenzie's feet hitting the hard floor. "I'VE GOT IT!!!!" She yelled running down the stairs. I laughed and walked downstairs with my wallet. When I got to the first floor Kenz was attempting to carry all three pizzas. I grabbed the two large ones and left her with her small one. She smiled and ran to the kitchen. I payed the guy and went to the kitchen where Kenz was already getting her pizza on a plate. 

Allison and Zayn came walking down the stairs and came to sit next to us. "Little hungry there Kenz?" Al asked. Kenz nodded looking up with her mouth full. We all laughed. 

"Okay so we have to leave here at 3 for the recital then the flight is at 9 tonight. so we need to have everything in the car" I said grabbing my pizza. "Yes Liam." Zayn joked. "haha" I said rolling my eyes. We sat there talking and eating our pizza for a while until it was time to go. 

***

"I don't want to dance mummy and daddy we can just go with uncles." Kenz said taking off her ballet shoes. "Hey whats the matter honey. You were so excited for this this morning." Ally asked bending down to her level. "My belly feels sick. I can't go out there." Kenz said messing with her tutu.

"Kenz you are just nervous. Thats how my tummy feels before I go on stage. You are going to do amazing out there just look at me and you will be fine." I said sitting next to her and putting her shoes back on. "Daddy I don't know. I don't want to do this." She said. 

"remember how awesome it felt to be on stage with me that one time?" I asked. She nodded. "That is how it feels to be on stage after my nerves go away. You are going to love it I promise." I said. "Okay daddy. I will see you after?" She asked. You could tell she was still a little scared. "I promise I will be right here after you perform." I said. She had a small smile. "Okay daddy. I love you. I love you too mommy." She said hugging both of us. After she went with her class I grabbed Ally's free hand and we went to find Zayn who was saving our seats.

After a few numbers Mackenzie's dance finally came out. They were dancing to a modern type of ballet song Kenz had been obsessing over for a while now. It's all I ever heard when I was with her. (Song on top) She looked so good up there in the front. She was really the only one that knew what she was doing but what can you expect from a bunch of 6 year olds. 

Kenz finally spotted me and I waved at her. She smiled bigger and continued dancing. She looked like she had been doing this for years. 

When the recital was over we all went backstage and saw Kenz coming out of the dressing room. When she saw us she ran over and jumped into my arms. "Daddy I saw you and Mommy and Uncle Zayn. You were right that was so fun I want to do it again!" She said excited. "See I told you Kenz. I knew you would love it." I said. "Kenz you were so good I couldn't keep my eyes of you." Ally said. "Thanks mama." Kenz said leaning over to give her a hug. I handed Kenz over to her so she wouldn't tip over. 

"Hey baby K don't tell your dance buddies this but you were definitely the best one out there." Zayn said. We all laughed. "Haha thanks Uncle Z." She said smiling.

"How about we go get something to eat before our flight. I'm starving" I said. They all agreed and we made our way to the nearest restaurant we could find which happened to be this little bakery café Ally, Mackenzie and I snuck out to one day while I was in the hospital after the wedding. That day was our first time to eat together as a complete family and It was a day I will never forget. 

That's the day Ally told us she was pregnant.