Chapter 21: Reuniting again

(Liam POV)

"why are you doing that?" I asked the nurses that were putting cushiony cuffs around Louis wrists and connecting them to the end of the bed. "We are not sure what his mental condition is right now. We heard him say he wanted to die and if this tube doesn't stay in that will happen. They are only to keep him from hurting himself." He said fastening the last strap. I sighed. Then my pone rang. This is the call we were all waiting for and the guys knew it to.

I answered the phone and put it on speaker. "hello" I said. "Liam she is alive!!! They found her curled up in a closet. she is with me now." She cried. Everybody in the room let out the breath they seemed to be holding in. "Oh my gosh that is great! How is she?" Harry said. "She is very fragile right now. She hasn't talked or eaten anything since I got her back....I think she needs to go to Louis." She said. I looked at the guys. "Johannah I'll get on the next flight over there. I'll bring her home." I said. "I'll get her stuff ready. I'll see you soon Liam." She hung up the phone and I looked at the guys. "you guys have to tell Louis right when he wakes up. He can't have another scene. I'll be back tomorrow" I said. They all nodded and sat down in the chairs. 

I walked out the door and called Paul. He told me he would meet me at the airport. I got a cab and told them where to go. 15 minuets later when we got there surprisingly Paul was already waiting for me at the front gate. The fans have no clue where we are at right now. We had the tour bus leave after the concert and they totally believed we were in there so I haven't had to deal with stopping for pictures all day. Luckily there was a flight boarding to Doncaster right when we got there so we got our tickets and quickly made our way through security. After 10 minuets we made it on the plane and were on our way to Doncaster. 

***

"Hey Mackenzie it's uncle Liam" I said slowly entering her room and going to her. She was facing the wall away from me lying down in her bed. She didn't move at all when I told her who it was. "Baby i'm taking you back to your daddy. You are going to stay with us." I said. She turned over and lifted her arm that wasn't holding her blanket. I picked her up and put her on my hip. She curled her face in my neck and I could feel her start to cry. This poor little girl was broken. 

***

*Next day*

(Harry's POV)

We were all sitting in Louis room when we heard the news on the TV start to talk about the shooting again. 

----Yesterday at Willow elementary school there was a fatal shooting. 40 were pronounced dead including beloved staff and students. New reports have come in with information about the shooter. He was a 50 year old man who was a resident at the mental hospital a couple miles south of the school. He believed it was the year 1978. He apparently had been talking about getting revenge on his mother , a 1st grade teacher at Willow elementary who died 4 years ago from cancer, for putting him in the hospital. He was one of the 40 pronounced dead. He was reported to have shot himself after killing much others. This is Jack Jacobs, Channel 8 news.----

The tv turned to a Macy's commercial and I grabbed the remote and turned it off. "How can they just let him get out like that. He killed 39 people because of someones carelessness!" I was outraged. I ran out the door and the guys followed me. "harry where are you going we have to wait for Louis to wake up!" Zayn said as they ran after me. I reached the end of a hall and there was no where else to go. I threw my fist at the wall and slid down it putting my face in my hands. "That guy could of killed Mackenzie! How can someone be so messed up to go and kill innocent children!" Niall slid got down and sat next to me. "I don't know Harry. We got luckily though. She is still with us and now we wont let anything happen to her." He said rubbing my back. We all just sat there for a while trying to forget reality.

(Louia POv)

I opened my eyes then remembered what had happened. My little girl was gone. The only thing that made my heart happy during this time was taken away from my life. Why did I have to agree to let her stay. I knew she should of stayed with me. A tear started rolling down my cheek. I went up to whip it off but my arm got pulled back. Then I remembered all of what happened. I didn't want to live anymore. I don't want to live anymore. Why is this tube still coming out of my chest. I don't even know why I was in here or what that tube was doing but it looked important. I tried to grab at it to pull it out but then I heard Niall's voice "Louis stop it!" I looked to my right to see Harry, Niall, and Zayn standing there. where's Liam? "Louis stop! Mackenzie is not dead! They found her! Liam and Paul are on there way back with her right now." Harry said."Sh..She's alive?" I asked tears running down my face. "Yes they found her curled up in a closet. She was unharmed." Niall said.

"I'm sorry for everything I did. I didn't mean any of it. I just was so mad with myself I didn't see why I got to live and she die." I said. "we know Louis. We were just worried. We couldn't deal with loosing you also." Harry said. They all leaned down and hugged me. For the first time in a long time a smile formed on my face. "Um now that we are clear that I am not suicidal can you have them get these things off of me." I said moving my wrist. "yeah I'll go get the nurse." Niall said leaving.

"So when will Liam and Mackenzie be here?" I asked. "They landed a little bit ago. They should be here any minuet." Zayn said. The nurse came in and asked me a bunch of pointless questions to confirm that I wouldn't hurt myself then undid the restraints. When she was finished I rubbed my fist  and sat my bed up a bit so I wasn't laying flat down. Right as the nurse left Liam walked in with Mackenzie on his hip. She had her head in Liam's neck. 

"Kenz?" I said. She snapped her head up and started crying when she saw me. She reached her arms out and leaned towards. Liam came and set her down next to me careful not to set her on any tubes or wires. She wrapped her arms around me and cried into my chest. I wrapped mine around her and patted her back. "Shh baby it's all over now." I whispered kissing her head.