Chapter 64: Time heals all

"I'm sorry Mrs. Tomlinson i'm afraid you lost him." the doctor said to Al. I had to lean against the wall to keep from falling on the floor. "L..lou I'm so...sorry...it's....it's all y fault!" Ally asked chocking on her sobs. I wiped the tears fro my face and went over to her wrapping my arms around her and squeezing her tight. "It's not your fault Al please don't ever think that." I said hugging her tighter. 

"I'm sorry Lou it was a boy. It was all you ever wanted. Our little boy is gone." She cried into my shoulder. "Shhh Al we will get through this. I promise everything will be okay. I know this is unfair but everything will be okay." I said wiping my tears again. I looked at Liam and he looked shocked and saddened at the same time. Nobody knew what to say.

"There you are Lou you weren't suppose to leave your rom we need to get you...I'm sorry bad time?" My nurse, Sarah said coming in the room. Ally sat up sniffling and wiping her tears. "Go Lou you need to get ready for surgery.... I'll be fine.... I'll be in your room in a little bit." She said through sniffles. I held her cheeks and gave her a kiss. 

"Everything will be alright babe. I will see you soon." I said. I let go of her and went over to Liam. "Please make sure she is okay." I whispered in his ear. He nodded and I followed Sarah back to my room. 

When we got to the elevator I let out all the emotions I had to hold in. I slid down he wall and cried into my knees. Sarah pushed the emergency stop button and came by my side when she realized what was going on. 

"Lou whats wrong. I know things weren't right in there you can tell me if you want"  She said. "He's gone. Our son didn't make it" I said still covering my face in my knees. "I'm so sorry Lou. I know how you feel." She said sitting by me and rubbing my arm. "NO you don't! You have never lost a child you haven't met yet!" I said sitting up. 

"Yes I do... Louis I had a miscarrage three years ago. I was told I was never going to have kids again and I thought my life was over. Then I adopted and became a mom to 2 kids. One boy and one girl. They are twins and they are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You have Mackenzie you know how much she means to you even though she is not your own. I promise even if you end up not being able to have children of your own you have the opportunity to have and love children. You know that." She said. 

"I'm so sorry Sarah. I didn't know about that." I said. "It's okay Lou. Nobody really does. It's not something I like to talk about." She said. We sat there for a while in silence until she got up. 

She stuck her arm out to help me up and I took it. "We need to get you back to your room Dr. Sefron is waiting for you." She said. The elevator door opened and I followed her back to my room. 

"There you are Louis. Here change in to this and I will get the anesthesia ready." He said handing me a hospital gown. I went to the bathroom and put it on coming back out to him standing next to a rack of needles. 

I laid in bed and he but a full oxygen mask over my mouth. "Okay take deep breaths" He said calmly while starting to stab me with needles. I could already feel my eyes getting heavy. Just before I fell asleep Liam ran in the room and I could tell he was panting. 

I couldn't hear what he was saying it just all sounded mumbled. My eyes got heavier and heavier and I was soon surrounded my darkness. 

***

"Lou...Louis?" I heard my name bang called but I was so tired I couldn't open my eyes.  "Louis it worked!" I made out the voice to be Ally. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that I was back in my room. 

"Really?" I asked with a cracked voice. "Yes Lou. You got out five hours ago and  the donor cells are spreading all around. It wont be long until your NEC." She said smiling. I squeezed her hand. 

"Lou there is also some more good news. They read the ultra sound wrong. He is okay Lou. He's alive!" Ally said. I sat up. 

"Are you serious? He is really okay?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. 

"It is possible that one of his legs didn't fully develop from the lack of oxygen but he is healthy Lou. We are going to have a healthy baby boy!" She said beaming. 

For the first time in a long time things were finally going to be okay. 

Well I think the end of this story has finally come. I have loved writing these 64 chapters for you and I hope you liked them to. Y'all have been so supportive of me and I am so thankful I have such amazing readers. 

Thank you so much for reading this story. I have loved writing this for you and I can't wait for you to read Stronger!

I will put an epilogue in the next chapter then post the sequel details and summary after that.