Chapter 12: Results

I woke up to a sharp pain in the side of my stomach that made me flinch back and hit the side rail on my bed. I quickly opened my eyes and saw Mackenzie laying next to me with her legs and arms spread across the bed. I knew she had hit me with her arm because It was still over my stomach. This is why I have yet to sleep with her for the two weeks we had been together. 

I didn't feel very well, My head and stomach hurt and I was freezing, but I guess that was just third day chemo doing it's magic. I looked over at Mackenzie and I could tell she wasn't feeling her best either. She was shivering with the two blankets on her already. I got out of bed and got the extra blankets on the floor and wrapped them all around her along with her yellow one. I slowly went over to the other bed so I didn't become a human punching bag over night. I wrapped myself in all the blankets I could  find because I myself was freezing. I closed my eyes and fell back to sleep wishing for the pain to go away.  

When I woke up I felt the same way has last night except this time Sarah was standing over me. "May I help you" I groaned rolling over. She pulled a stick out from under my arm that I didn't know was there. "I saw you were both looking pretty ill this morning when I was doing rounds. You both have slight fevers. Now you are still allowed to go home since you don't have any signs of a virus but stay in bed and don't go out or go around sick people. I looked over at Mackenzie and she had her eyes barely open fighting sleep. When her eyes met mine she gave me a faint smile and I returned it. 

"Your friends called and they will be here in an hour. We already have all the discharge papers ready so you will be ready to go." I nodded. She put her cold hands on my port and started to do everything needed to take it off. Mackenzie went first because she was already disconnected. When The needle was pulled out of me Sarah threw all the dressing away and left. When she left I grabbed all my blankets and went back over to my bed where Mackenzie was laying. I laid down next to her and covered both of us in the blankets.

"You gave me a nice little bruise last night." I weakly laughed. She smiled "sorry". "How are you feeling?" "like poop" She moped. "I do too." 

Dr.Sefron walked in with a folder full of papers. "Hello Louis. I have both of your results from yesterdays scans." He said pulling a chair up to the bed to sit on. I sat up a little. "What did they say?"

"We do have some good news. It seems Mackenzie is on the road to remission. Maybe just two more treatments and then she should be be cancer free." He smiled. I looked down at her to  see her weakly smiling. I can't believe they were about to stop her treatment when she was so close to being NEC. "You hear that kenz your almost there." I said pulling her in for a hug.

"Now we do have some different results for you Louis. It seems like your cancer isn't getting much better. It is spreading to your lungs. It is at the early stages and I know you just started treatment so we will check on that progression." He said with a sad look in his eyes. "I thought this was suppose to help. Will chemo really stop the progression?" I asked worried. "Now Louis it is hard to tell right now. There is other options to try with chemo like radiation or surgery. We will do everything in our power to cure you." He said. I just leaned back down and sighed. "Okay so what do we do from here?" I asked. "We wait. You have another round the week after next. Then you will get your second round in Australia and they will do scans there. We will see what happens then." He said. 

"What about tour. Will I have to miss more?" I was scared of what I might hear. "It depends If your cancer spreads any more we will have to get you more chemo but that can be done with pills. Let's not think about this right now because like I said it all depends on those scans." He said. I rubbed my temples my headache growing even more. Mackenzie had fallen asleep during our conversation. She was lost in the sea of blankets. 

"I have a patient down the hall I need to check. I'll see you in two weeks Lou." He said. "Bye Doc" He left the room and the guys walked in. "Ready to go?" I lifted the blankets off of me and stepped of the bed only to fall over. Luckily the bed was there to catch me. "I don't feel well." I stated trying to catch my balance again. "I'll go get a wheelchair." Liam said leaving the room. 

This is what I didn't want. I didn't want to look sick using wheelchairs and having no hair, but I knew right now there was nothing I could do about it. There was no way I could walk down to the car. 

Liam came back in the room and I sat in the chair. Niall Woke up Mackenzie and carried her over to sit next to me where she just fell asleep again. Harry grabbed our bags and put them over our shoulder. We had so many movies here that we decided to just leave them for the next people. We were going to be in here in two weeks anyway. Liam pushed us out of the room and to the elevator. When we got to the door of course there was loads of fans. I adjusted my beanie now becoming self conscious of my appearance. "Paul brought more security. We are going straight to the car. I looked back out the window and nodded. 

When we got out the door The screams went crazy causing mackenzie to flinch awake. I wrapped my arm around her has we made our way to the car. When we got there the Zayn was at the door. I helped him grab Mackenzie and then got up and quickly got in the car. When I got to my seat by Mackenzie Zayn closed the door and ran around to the other side and got in with the rest of the boys. The driver started driving away once everybody was inside. 

"So Louis what did Dr. Sefron say. Did he have your results?" Niall asked. I explained everything I was told earlier to them.