Chapter 35: Allison

(Louis POV)

I woke up to another random nurse stopping my chemo and tugging the needle out of my port. "Good Morning mr. Tomlinson you are getting your results from your scans in a little bit. How do you feel?" She asked grabbing my clipboard. "Okay. I am still in a little pain but its bearable." I said slowly sitting up. "Good. You have a PT session scheduled for this afternoon." She said. "Wait what is PT? Didn't I get like 3 scans done yesterday?" There was no way I was going to do another scan they are the worse.

"PT stands for physical therapy. It's to try to get you up and walking again so you can get out of bed." She said. "Oh okay." Dr. Ryan walked in and the nurse walked out after putting my clipboard back in it's original spot. By this time Paul was waking up. 

"Okay Louis I have some really good news. I looked over your scans many times making sure I was looking at it correctly." He said. "Great there is another tumor isn't there. How many more rounds of chemo am I gonna have to add on?" I sighed. "Louis calm down this isn't bad news. Your cancer has shrunken so much you are almost cancer free. It is at stage 1 right now which is really good. You just need two more chemos and a radiation to make sure we get this cancer out of your system." He said. I couldn't believe what I just heard. 

"Paul did you just hear that!" I asked still in shock. "You did it Lou." He smiled. "I never thought this day would come where in just a month I could actually go to every single concert and not be sick!" I couldn't believe this. "Well I am going to start your feeding. Even though your cancer free you still need to gain wait and intake a lot of calories a day. You'll go to PT after." I lifted my shirt for him and he did his stuff. "Congratulations Lou. I know I just met you but I can tell you fought a hard battle" He said leaving the room. 

I can finally see the end of the road. 

***

So I thought PT was just going to have me walk around for a little bit but boy was I wrong. I had to be on an elliptical for a whole 20 minuets then lift these 10 pound weights for 5 minuets. I am so sore and the bad thing is that when I get back to tour I need to start working out with Mark and the guys. I mean obviously I can't do what they do but they want me to start building up my muscles again. I haven't done that much activity since I have been diagnosed but I guess it will help me. 

I was walking outside in the garden/park area by myself. Paul had to get some check ups to check out his cuts. It was a sunny day the temperature was about 80 degrees so this was the perfect day to get out of my ice box of a hospital room. I was walking around the sidewalk when I saw this girl that looked my age. She was beautiful with long brunette hair and green eyes. She was sitting there reading a book. She also had an oxygen tank and a cannula in her nose. I went over and sat next to her.

"What are you reading?" I asked settling my IV pole to the side of me. She looked up at me. "It's the Fault in Our Stars. Have you heard of it?" She asked. "No whats it about?" She gave me the look and I knew what that ment.

"Oh please don't tell me its about cancer. Isn't it depressing enough that we are here" I chuckled. "It is really good! You wouldn't know unless you read it!" She argued. "Okay how about this. I will read this sick kid book IF and only if you go out to diner with me. Tonight." I said with a smirk.

"Oh real funny. You do understand where we are right now right?" She asked. "Yeah I know. I'm sure we could get out for a couple of hours. I want to get to know you and this book more." I said. "I don't know.... I mean I don't even know your name." She said. I raised my eyebrow. That was definitely a first and for some reason her not knowing about One Direction made me really happy. "I'm Louis. And You?" I said. "I'm Allison." She said adjusting her cannula. I could tell she was feeling self conscious. "You are beautiful." I said smiling at her. "No i'm not." She said blushing. "And why do you say that?" I asked her. "I'm as skinny as a twig and I have a 5 pound oxygen tank by my side." She said. "Well it looks like we have something in common already. The twig part obviosly not the oxygen part." I chuckled.