Chapter 33: Aftermath

(Liams POV)

"L..lou??? Wh...what did you just say???" Kenzie asked. "Kenz your freaking me out." Lou said.

"Louis your actually talking! And you remember Kenz's nickname!" Niall said. "Okay now you guys are freaking me out too. What is going on?" He asked. "Lou what is the last thing you remember?" I asked. 

"Right before I went under for surgery." He said. "Which one?" Niall asked from across the room. "For the tumor in my brain." I looked at the other guys. 

"Louis that was 3 weeks ago. You went mute and had memory loss after the surgery and that caused you to forget Mackenzie. You wanted her to call you Louis because you didn't think she was really yours." I said. He was silent for a little bit.

 "Oh yeah I kind of remember that part now." He said barely above a whisper." He looked over to Kenz. "I'm sorry I did that. Can you please forgive me?" He asked. Tears were running down her face like a river. "You really remember me now?" She asked. "Yes Kenz I remember you perfectly well." He tried to bend down to reach her but he stopped and groaned. 

"You have to stay stationary for a while they did some major surgery on your stomach." Harry said. I lifted Kenz up to the bed and she laid on his chest carful to not lay on any wires or scars. "I forgive you daddy." She said kissing his check. "Thanks bug." 

(Louis POV)

"Everything is sore I can barely move"  I said. "Well you were hit by a truck. Head on. Your not going to be running any marathons anytime soon." Niall chuckled. "How is Paul? Wasn't he in the accident too?" I asked starting to remember more. All the guys looked at each other. 

"We need to go check on him. He is suppose to be waking up right now.Harry grabbed Kenzie much to her protest. "Uncle Harry No I want to stay!" She said kicking her feet. "Kenz your daddy needs as much rest as possible so he can be better don't you want that?" He asked. She just nodded. "Well be back in a bit Lou try to get some rest." Liam said before leaving me alone in the room. 

"Louis we need to go get your scans done." Doctor Ryan badged in saying. "Right now?" I groaned. "sorry it has to be... Wait did you just talk?" He asked looking down and starting type on his tablet. "Okay now we have to go get some CT scans done also." He said without waiting for an answer. 

Some nurses come in and took the breaks off the bed moving it down the hall and to the room. 

I looked to my right on the way and looked in a mirror. Why do hospitals always have mirrors in the hallway. I saw that same sick guy but this time with cuts and bruises all over by face and arms. 

Let me just say moving right now is probably the most painful thing ever. When we got to the room they immediately had me go on the table and the pain was so bad they had to lift me. It's not like it was that hard of a task for them I am only about 105 pounds.

 When I got on the table some nurse moved my hands above my head."Oww! watch it!" I hissed has my hands went to the top. "sorry Louis I know it hurts but it has to be down to get good results" she said. I sighed "It's fine lets just get this done with." She went behind the wall and I started moving in the machine. 

(Liams POV) 

We walked over to Pauls room and walked in to see a tear streaming down his face. When we walked in he snapped his head my way. "Please tell me he is alive. Please. This is all my fault I was suppose to keep him safe." He said in a shaky voice. "Paul it was not your fault. A drunk driver hit you when you were passing a green light. Nobody could of prevented this." Zayn said. "So he...he didn't live?" tears were now running down his face. "No no no no no Paul he lived! He is awake right now. He is in a lot of pain and has some major cuts and bruises but he is alive with no broken bones. If anything this accident helped him. Paul he is taking again and his memory returned." Harry said. 

Paul let out a breath. "Good he listened to me." Paul sighed. "Paul what are you talking about? Did you hit your head too?" I asked. "You guys will think I am crazy if I tell you." He said. "Paul may I remind you, we live with a six year old. It takes a lot to be crazy now." Niall said. "Hey!" kens said crossing her arms. I picked her up. "Well right after the crash we were at the concert. Nobody could see us but we were there. Gosh you should of seen Louis he looked as though he never was sick. We followed you all to the hotel and watched has you found out about the crash and rushed to the hospital. He told me what to do to live and I told him he had to live also. The look he gave me told me he didn't think he would actually survive. It was like he was saying bye to me for the last time" He said.  

"So your saying that You were both with us and we didn't even notice." I asked. "I did" Mackenzie said casually. We all looked at her. She noticed and explained. "When you went to take a shower and I was in bed something brushed across my face. I opened my eyes a little bit and saw daddy. I had just thought it was a dream though so I went back to sleep." She said to me. 

"So are you a mini psychic now?" I chuckled. "Whats that?" She asked. "Never mind. So what did they tell you Paul?" I asked sitting down next to his bed. "I walked out lucky with only a couple cuts and bruises. I should be getting discharged tomorrow and able to go to the concert." 

"Paul if you are not ready you don't have to rush into it. We understand if you need some time off." I said. "No I need to keep busy. Plus I am fine. If I wanted I could just walk out right now." He said. "I guess if you want then but you will be taking it easy." 

*** 

We all went back to Louis room after Paul told us to go check on him. When we got in the room we were surprised to see an empty room. There wasn't even a bed. "What the heck happened we were gone for half an hour!" Harry said running his hands through his hair. 

Just then some nurse came pushing Louis bed back in with a sleeping Louis. He saw us freaking out and explained. "We took him for scans. He was in so much pain we had to give him morpheme so he might be out for a while." 

"Oh okay. Do you know when he will recover fully?" Harry asked. "It could be a while. It all really depends on him. He will defiantly need to stay here to finish his chemo tomorrow which is not going to be a very fun day for him. The combination of this intense chemo and the accident is going to leave him in a massive amount of pain so we might need to put him to sleep tomorrow." He said. 

Poor Louis just looking at him right now you could tell how much pain he was in and thats because they hadn't even restarted his chemo yet. "Okay thank you." We all walked out and went back to Pauls room again to inform him on Louis condition.