Chapter 28: New starts

(Louis POV)

"Louis what is the last thing you remember?" my mum asked me. I thought for a little bit. I opened my mouth to talk but forgot I couldn't. I really tried really hard but it's like my brain forgot how to produce sound. I got the tablet and started typing again. *I remember not feeling well before the concert and falling yesterday. I saw Liam before I blacked out. Was it the tumors that caused that?" the tablet said. The man in the white lab coat and my mum both stared at each other. The guy the started talking again. 

"Louis you fell at the concert 3 months ago. That was the night you got diagnosed with stage 3 Adenocarcinoma or stomach cancer. You have been going through 3 months of intense treatment." He said. I'm sure if I could see my eyes right now they would be as big as bugs. "Cancer?" I mouthed. "I'm sorry Louis." He said. I started typing again.*Why don't I remember the last 3 months?*

"Your tumors were on the part of your brain that makes it possible to effect memory, emotion, hearing and in some special cases, like yours, the ability to talk. That part of your brain will heal but i'm not sure how long it will take. Could be days or could be months." He said. 

*So are we on the On The Road Again tour right now?* My mum nodded tears steaming down her face. I laid back down. I hate my life. I can't remember anything and I feel like I am letting people down. 

*What now?* I typed. "I am going to discharge you in a couple of days. I suggest you all take some sign language classes just so you can communicate better until you are able to produce sound again. I will also allow you to go back to the states with the guys if you want as long as you continue with the chemo every other week." He said. I nodded. 

The door opened and the guys walked in. A little girl ran up to my bed from behind them. "Your Awake!" She yelled coming over and hugging me. I just stiffened up shocked that Paul allowed a random fan in the room. Luckily my mum saw my discomfort and got the girl to let go of me. 

"Daddy whats wrong? Did you not miss me?" She said a tear sliding down her face. When I head that word I lifted my eyebrow and gave a questioning look to the guys. Was this little girl insane? Who does she think she is just randomly barging in my room like this and thinking i'm her dad. Where is this girls parents. 

"Louis this is Mackenzie... Your daughter." My mum said. I quickly grabbed the tablet sitting beside me and typed. *What are you talking about! I am positive I don't have a daughter. What kind of sick joke is this!!!* 

How can they play this kind of joke on me! I know for a fact that is not my daughter! I haven't had a girlfriend for a year and this girl looked like she was 5!

 I threw the blankets and cannula off me and got out of bed and was about to storm out of the room when something tugged at my stomach. I looked down and saw that there was a tube coming out of it. I was so mad I didn't even give it a second look and just grabbed the pole I was connected too and got out of that room. I don't know where I was going but I needed to get out of there. I heard my name being called but I didn't bother looking back. I just made as many turns through the halls as possible till I was at a part of the hospital I knew they wouldn't find me.

I turned in one hall and passed by a mirror. I snapped my head back around when I saw my reflection. What happened to me. I looked like someone who hadn't eaten in years and has lived in a dark box their whole life. I heard my name again and I quickly left around another corner. 

I finally decided to stop in a random part of the hospital. It was kind of abandoned but that was just what I needed. I looked to my right and saw an outdoor garden patio area with a bench. It looked nice out so I opened the door and went outside. 

I sat there watching a bunch of patients with their parents or spouses enjoying walking around and sitting. I realized I was one of those people. The way I looked in that reflection was not me. It was like I was wearing a mask. I look nothing like I did the last time I remember. 

Someone sat next to me and I snapped my head over to see it was Liam. I was about to tell him I didn't want to talk to him but remembered I couldn't. He pulled out the tablet that talks for me and I took it in defeat. "Your mum told us about your condition." He said.

*How did you know I was here?* I typed. "This was always the place you would go when you had chemo and were allowed outside. It was Mackenzie's favorite place too." He said. I rolled my eyes. *You can stop with the joke and take her back to her parents. It's not funny at all!* the creepy tablet voice said. "Louis it isn't a joke... She really is your daughter." I gave him a questioning look. 

"Louis you adopted her a couple of weeks after you got cancer. The orphanage couldn't afford her treatments so you took her under your wing and she is cancer free now. You saved her. She was your entire world and you were her everything. She is pretty hurt right now." He said. I took it in for a moment then typed again. 

*Liam that does not sound like me. I can't take care of a kid. I couldn't even keep my goldfish alive when I was 13. Also I am sure I would of remembered her if I felt as much love for her as you say*

"Louis you had her blanket she gave you right by your side. It was under your blanket when you threw it off. If you didn't care would you keep a part of her with you during the surgery?" He asked. I looked down. *I'm sorry Liam I Just cant remember. I really wish I could.* The tablet said for me. "It's okay Louis. Dr. Sefron said you would soon. For now we are going to help you get back to your old self." He said. We sat there for a few minuets just so I could take everything in. 

"So shall we go back inside? It's kind of hot out here." Liam said. *I needed the sun anyway* I typed. He laughed. We walked back inside and made all of the turns I took before until we got to my room again. Harry and Zayn were talking to my mum in the corner and Niall was sitting with Mackenzie on his lap on the couch. She was holding the yellow blanket ,that I apparently had, close to her and staring strait forward with her head on his shoulder. I went over and sat on the cushion next to Niall in front of where Mackenzie was staring. 

*Mackenzie?* I typed. She lifted her head up a little bit to look at me. *I'm really sorry I don't remember you and i'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I will try my best to get back to normal. Please don't be sad.* The tablet said. She didn't say anything. *Now come on it's bad enough I can't talk and have to have this old man computer voice talk for me. Can I please hear your voice? Please?* I typed. 

"You used to call me Kenz. I don't like Mackenzie." she flatly said. I smiled. 

*Okay, Kenz* 

 So I know how many times I say this but I love getting your comments. I get the email whe someone comments and I was reading them at school in between my test and they made me feel so much better:) Thank you for being so supportive! 

*photo on side*