Chapter 39: Our little family

*One week later*

Today was our last show before Allison, Mackenzie and I flew back to Louisiana to go to the hospital. Kenz had to get her monthly scan done this week. We decided it would be easier to just fly back to the same hospital every other week than have to have all of our information transferred over and over again. Allison came and flew to us the day after the water park. We have really had an amazing week together and have become unbelievably close. Kenz also absolutely loves her has a teacher and has my girlfriend. Right now we were all sitting backstage. I was watching Allison help Kenz with her multiplication before we had to go to our meet and greet. 

“I just can’t do it. It’s to hard!” Kenz said looking up Ally. “Hey I don’t want to hear you say that. You can do anything baby girl just give it another go.” She said sitting on the chair next to her. Kenz looked back her paper and started working on it again while Allison showed her what to do. 

“Hey Lou we need to go.” Zayn said making me realize I had been staring at the girls and blocking out the world. I nodded and went over to Kenz and Ally. “I will see both of you after the show. Kenz don’t fry that brain of yours.” I said kissing both of their heads. “Bye daddy don’t fall.” Kenz laughed. She has told me that every show since I tripped on stage a week ago. I just tripped over a loose cord but the fans thought I fainted. When I got up I saw they were all crying and freaking out. They are defiantly extremely protective. 

“Watch it. You might be sleeping on the floor tonight.” I joked to Kenz. “Don’t worry Kenz if he kicks you off y’alls bed you can sleep on mine.” Ally chuckled. Kenz hugged her then turned to me and stuck her tongue out. “At least somebody loves me here.” She said.  I went over and gave her a tight hug. “See you in a bit love bug. I know you aren’t mad at me.” I said kissing her check about 10 times. She was laughing because I was tickling her. 

“Lou you coming?” Liam popped his head in saying. “yeah. Bye girls see you in a bit.” I said waving to them and following Liam out the door. We got in the room and the first set of girls came in.

***

We were currently below the stage waiting for the intro to end to go on stage. We were all have the little time to ourselves preparing to go on. I heard the intro end and the lift started rising. I looked over at Liam and he smiled back. I looked back in front of me to see the thousands of fans filling the stadium. We moved to our first spots and started singing clouds. I looked down from the side of the stage to see Ally holding Kenz on her hip and dancing around with her. I waved at them and Kenz blew me a kiss. I smiled and pretended to catch it. I moved to my next spot on the other side of the stage to see fans going crazy that I waved at them. Niall came up behind me and put his arm around my shoulder as he sung. We went together down the catwalk to meet with the other guys and then I started with my speech.

“I want to thank every single one of you for supporting us for 4 years! I will forever be grateful for every person in this room! Thank you for sticking with us even through these last couple of months. I love you more than you can ever imagine. This song was written by the best Irish person I know. This is Don’t Forget Where You Belong.” 

The band started playing and we all sat on the lift at the front of the stage. We were singing and Zayn nudged my shoulder. I looked over at him and he pointed to the big screen. I saw that they updated the videos they played. They were showing recent videos of Kenz and I. They showed a clip from the day before she came home when the guys were decorating her room. Then I saw a video of me pushing Kenz on her IV pole down the hall as she was laughing her head off. I saw a video Lou must of taken of her and lux dancing on the side of the stage. Then as the song was coming to an end there was the video Ally took yesterday as I kissed Mackenzie’s forehead and she smiled up at me. 

I didn’t notice the tear streaming down my face till it hit my arm. I smiled at all the memories we had. I looked at Nick and mouthed thank you to him. We then got up and finished the rest of the concert. 

***

“Daddy did you see that I was on the big screen!” Kenz said. “Yeah you looked great up there kenz.” I said picking her up. I grabbed Allys free hand and she smiled at me. “Did you like it?” I asked. “I don’t know I couldn’t stop staring at you.” she smirked. I leant over and kissed her cheek. “Eww cooties!” Kenz said sticking her tongue out. I looked at her and kissed her too which she just ended up smudging off and giggling. We went straight to the van with the other guys and headed to the hotel.

“Did you finish your homework?” I asked Kenz as I buckled her in her seat. “Yup! Every bit of it! Ally said I could take the next couple of days off since we were all going to be in the hospital but I still had to read a chapter a day.” She said. “Well good we can have some us time. I see a Netflix marathon coming up.” I said. She smiled. That girl loves her Netflix. 

We got to the hotel and I went with Ally to our room. We are sharing one now but Kenz and I still share one bed while she takes the other. I quickly got Kenz in and out of the bath and got her in bed where she fell straight asleep from being so tired. 

I went and sat in front of Ally. “Are you ready for tomorrow?” She asked. “No, I mean I guess it helps me survive and get this stupid disease out of me but it is always so miserable.” I said. “Yeah I feel the same way. I know we don’t exactly have to same treatment but I feel the same way.” She said. “But hey, Now we have eachother, and Kenz. Trust me hospital stays are always more intertaning when you have a 6 year old with you. We can even go have lunch together in the cafeteria. We are like the ideal little sick family.” I laughed. “Haha yeah. I love our little family.” She chuckled. 

Sorry :(