CHAPTER 26

"Chocolate?" Adi asks me as we three sit at the ice cream parlour at four in the evening.

"Yo."

"Same," Jay says as Adi goes to take our icecreams.

"So Miss Kia, what are you going to do today?" Jay asks me when we are alone.

"I don't know, complete the homework maybe. What about you?" I ask him.

"Hmm. Same. Did you hear about the teachers day?"

Teacher's day is after a week, and there is a buzz in the school with all of us excited. And I have heard from Sanchi Di, the head girl of our school that the council members would organise the function.

"Ah, yes. I heard from Sanchi di that all the council members are organising the teachers day. She and Parth Bhai will tell us all about it tomorrow."

We both talk for a while about the teacher's day when someone calls us.

We look around the parlour to locate the voice and found Avni on the counter.

I made a face in my mind remembering what she said about Adi.

She comes towards us and takes a seat beside Jay.

I want to tell her: Huh! I have a free seat beside me. You don't have to sit there. But of course, I didn't say that aloud.

"Hello, Jay. Hello Kia," I smiled at her in greeting and didn't say anything.

I look at the menu to see if something else is fascinating. I look up when Avni laughs at something.

Shut up, girl. Why do you have to come when I am spending time with him?

My eyes narrow at her hand, which is gripping Jay's arm.

She is talking with him about something while he is listening to her.

I roll my eyes when she laughs, saying something while Jay sat there doing something with his phone, not even smiling.

Adi comes soon with our ice cream and sits beside me.

He looks at me and makes a face seeing Avni. I pinch my lips to stop smiling.

"Oh hello Adi, can you please go and buy one for me too?" Avni asks, holding out 50 rupees to him.

"Nah. I will not go now. Go and buy it yourself," Adi says and opens his phone.

Jay phones ring at that time, and he looks at us, "Excuse me, guys," saying this, he moves out.

Avni looks at him, with her nose puffed out, "Oh come on Adi. I don't understand why you hate me so much."

"Oh. Are you sure about that?" He asks her.

She looks away from Adi and murmurs something.

"Oh, Adi how did I forget you only do things for Jay to stay with him? After all, you are nothing without him."

I look at her with anger flashing through my nose. What does she think about herself? This bish.

"And I am sure Jay is only keeping you around because he pities you. It must be hard na, for you to not being worthy. Moreover dealing with panic attacks sometimes. And always being in Jay's shadow-"

"Shut up," A voice tells her which I realise is of mine. Damn, hormones.

Adi grips my hand fist and tugs at it indirectly telling me to not fight with her.

But did I listened to him?

Heck, no.

How can she say things about Adi? My best friend, Adi.

"At least he is the one who forgets his friend when he leaves the city," I say.

I was never going to say this against Avni when Sara had told me. But in my defence, the things she about Adi is worse. And I don't care about her when it comes to my friend.

Adi gets up and pulls me to stand by arms, "Let it be Kia. Come."

I glare at Avni and then, at Adi, "Leave me."

"Nope, come on," He pulls me with him to out but not before I snatch our cups of ice cream while Avni is still gaping.

What? I am not going to leave our ice creams because of this.

"You are an Idiot," I say to him when we move out, "Why were you saying anything to her when she is blabbering? Idiot. Huh! She is such a bitch."

Thank goodness, not many people in this area knew English. So, I am glad that I can swear aloud at this moment, and no one will know that I am cursing.

"Ha meri maa! Chal ab Jay ke pass," he says and put his arms around me, pulling me with him. (Yes, my mother! Now come, let's go towards Jay.)

"I want to pull her hair so badly at this moment," I say while Adi silently listens though you can notice his slight smile when you look closely at his face.

"I swear I am going to throw her out of the city if she says something next time," I think for a while, "Ok, maybe not, I can't pick her up."

Adi nods, silently while I continue my ideas to get her away.

"What happened?" Jay asks coming towards us when we reached out where he came to talk.

"You know Jay, that Avni is talking nonsense about our Adi. Can you believe it?" I said to him, still in the mood to fight. And I very well know what will help me calm my mind.

"Give me that," I snap at Adi, pointing to my ice cream cup.

He rolls his eyes but gave it to me without commenting.

Jay looks at Adi and nods, knowing what she would have told.

"Wow! I had never seen someone eating ice cream so decently," Jay asks me, looking at my already ice cream covered lip making me shiver with his magnificent voice.

I glare at him and Adi as they both laugh at me. Me.

Idiots.

"Here take this," Adi gives his handkerchief which I couldn't take from my ice cream covered so Jay took that and wipe my face.

My idiots.

***

Hey Fellas!!!

Hope you guys are fine and healthy.

Sorry for the late update. I didn't had my laptop with me.

Did you enjoy the Chapter?

What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks for your amazing support and vote if you like the Chapter.

Random Thought:-

Slow progress is still progress.

See you soon.

Stay Safe.
Stay Healthy.

Love,
Mahek.