CHAPTER 10

After dinner, everyone departed for their home. And my parents and I sit in the living room for some time until bedtime.

They both are thoroughly fascinated with all. Especially my mother never leaves a chance to tell my father about Jay and his amazingness.

Well, I am internally celebrating that they both like my friends as I want to continue this friendship for a long time. I knew that they all are a kind soul with a generous heart.

It is the first time that I have had friends, as in plural. That is one change that I have always desired in my life.

It is a change that I have been waiting for, from a long time.

And I am relishing this change with my whole heart.

I am looking at the pictures that we click today. I smile at one in which Aarav and Misha had a scowl on their faces because of one silly fight. Next photo was clicked by my Mumma when we were watching the movie and laughing our hearts out.

Next image was of mine and Jay's when I have gone to his house to complete the project. We had taken the selfie when we got bored of doing the presentation.

I move to the other one, I have clicked this pic of Jay without his knowledge when he is working on the laptop. Well, he was looking smart while working.

I move to the next selfie. Jay had clicked it when we were waiting for our turn to eat Panipuri. I was laughing at one of his PJs while he is smiling, looking at me.

I smile, gazing at our picture for slightly longer, and dive into the deep slumber.

***

"Have you completed your project?" Adi asks to us while Jay and I are solving a sum.

"Nope. We have to complete some small things and make some slides proper," Jay replies. Misha and Aarav want help in Economics, so they are sitting with Sara as she explains. That's why I am sitting with Jay and Aditya today.

I am sitting at the corner near the window while Adi takes the other. And surprisingly, Jay is sitting between us. And it is surprising because when I come to sit with them, Jay was at the corner where Adi is sitting right now while Adi was sitting in the middle where now Jay is.

Well, I am not complaining. I like speaking with Jay.

"Have you completed?" I ask Adi while calculating the liabilities side.

"Yeah. Sara will put the slides in order."

I nod at him and look at Jay, who is calculating the Asset side.

He furrows his eyebrows as he concentrates and starts putting the amounts in the calculator.

He looks so smart while working. Not that he doesn't look smart when he is not working. But the way his eyebrows draw together as he focuses on the sum, or the way he narrows his eyes when he gets the wrong answers, or the way his hands works fast while putting the amount in the correct account, or the-

I come out of my thoughts when Adi clears his throat. I look at him and find him giving me a sly smile. That's when I realize that I have looked at Jay for quite a long time, and Adi had noticed that.

Why? Why me?

Jay also looks up from his notebook, and Adi clears his throat once again before taking the water bottle from Jay bags.

Jay goes back to doing the sum while Adi drinks the water from the bottle. He wiggles his eyebrows while I glare at him.

I look down at the book and resumes the sum where I left it completely ignoring him.

Jay looks at me after some time, "What is the total of the liabilities side?"

"It is 3,45,000."

He nods and checks the total of assets side.

He gives me a charming smile, "It's same."

We both hi-fi and starts the other sum, all the while ignoring Adi who is looking at us for a long time.

Jay finally got irritated and look at Adi, "Will you stop looking?"

Adi gives an evil smile, shrugs and starts doing his sums.

We both look at each other, shrugging we both get back to work.

***

"Now, lets practice for one more time and then, we are ready for tomorrow."

Jay and I completed the presentation, and now we are practising for tomorrow.

We both are confident with what we have prepared, and now we are just hoping for the best.

We have split the slides between us so that we can easily explain the company.

"And done."

We both hi-fi and relax for a while.

It is only three in the afternoon so, we decide to get something to eat from downstairs.

Jhanvi Aunty has gone out with my Mumma and Ayansh is at his friend's house so, we have Jay's house to ourself.

"What do you want to eat?" He asks me, looking at the options.

We have bread so we can make sandwiches with it or we also have some Macaroni and Pasta so we can make it too.

We both look around for more options because we are too lazy to make it after a tiring day.

I look at the stack of yellow goodness that catches my eyes and then looks at Jay with a smile.

I found him looking at me with the same look.

"Let's make Maggi," we both speak at the same time and laughs while picking two ten rupees packets of Maggi.

Jay phone's rings as we put the water to boil.

"Yes, Adi," he answers.

"Yes. We are at my home."

"Hmm. Ok. Yeah," Jay looks at me after ending the call.

"Adi is coming."

I nod and take out one more packet of Maggi.

I smile at his concentrate face while he chops the veggies.

After cutting the veggies, we both make the Maggi while talking about everything and Nothing.

***

Hello Guys!

Hope you guys are fine and healthy.

I am really sorry for not updating the chapters last week.
I will update three chapters this week.

Buy the way, did you enjoy the Chapter?

What do you think about Adi? Will he do something for Jay and Kiara?

Random Thought:-

If you can't stop thinking about it, DON'T STOP working for it.

See you tomorrow.

Stay Safe.
Stay Healthy.

Love,
Mahek.