CHAPTER 38

"Pass me the oregano," Misha says as our food arrives.

It has been two months and apparently, the group is back to normal with Misha and Avni included.

Misha is still ignoring Sara, but now Sara is also not trying to talk to her. And Avni has also become close to all of us.

"This is too much cheesy," Avni mutters gazing at the pizza.

"That is a good thing, Avni," I say to her, smiling teasingly.

The whole group is here at the Cafe near the park. I am sitting on the window side beside Jay and Adi. While, Misha, Avni and Sara are sitting opposite us with Aarav on the head seat.

I look down at Jay's burger and smile sheepishly at him.

"Jay," I poke his arm and give him an innocent smile.

In these two months, we have become close to each other. And still, except for holding hands or hugging at one or two occasions, we have not done anything for which I am grateful.

From a few days, I have gotten very comfortable with everything around us. But whenever I look at Mumma and Dad, a feeling like guilt started spreading. I don't want to disappoint them.

I am still in dilemma if I am doing right or not.

He shakes his head and gives me his half burger. I grin and pass him two slices of my pizza.

I rest my head on his arms as I eat the burger.

Sara, who is sitting opposite me, shakes her head at the exchange saying, "I am seriously jealous of you. How can you eat so much and still stay the same."

I pretend to raise my invisible collar and mutter, "what can I say the food loves me, so we have a deal that I will return his love if he doesn't make me fat than I already am."

Jay groans at my explanation and mutters something about 'always making me jealous through food' making me chuckle. It is an everyday scenario.

Sara smiles at me and asks, "from which angle do you look fat?"

We all seven laugh as Adi complains, "she is fat. She ate all my Gajar ka halwa yesterday." For which he is still not talking to me.

"But you ate my ice cream that day before," I say and show him my tongue which he very maturely, return.

I smile proudly inside, staying with me has matured him a lot.

Avni laughs as she says, "oh, trouble in paradise?"

Jay put his arm around me and rubs it, "they are just slightly angry with each other. Wanna bet, they will start talking before we all go home."

"That reminds me, you are coming with me after this, right?" I ask Sara who nods while eating her pastry. That reminds me to order one for me too.

"Yup, Mummy said yes," she says, nodding her head.

"Great," I say excitedly making all the others except Adi and Jay look at us, confuse.

"What are you guys talking about?" Avni asks, "are you going out somewhere?"

"Nah, Sara and I are just going to have a sleepover at my house," I say excitedly. Well, it is going to be my first ever sleepover.

Misha looks at Sara for a split second but averts her gaze when Avni gestures her something. But why Avni was pointing at Aarav?

I avert my gaze away from Avni and look at Jay, who smiles at me adorably making butterflies flutter in my stomach.