CHAPTER 29

"Yaar Jay, how can you win this game too? I am sure you cheated," I speak when Jay defeats me in the game for the 4th time.

We both are at his house, playing the game in the evening. Our mothers had decided to explore some ladies club today in our neighbourhood. And Ayansh is at his friend's house.

And our fathers are downstairs most probably watching news or sports.

He holds his hands up, "think what you want to. But I didn't cheat."

Duh! I know that, but I will not accept it.

"That's not fair. I was this close to defeating you," I say, showing a little space between my finger and thumb. I get up from the bed and stand in front of Jay.

"That small space is 200 meters," he says bluntly and takes my hand, pulling me to sit beside him, "And besides that, you are going to crash."

Well, once again. Duh!

"Oh, no. I am not."

"Oh really, then, why did you slow down the car?" he puts his arm around me, pulling me towards him.

Then I realize our position. Jay is leaning on the headrest with his one arm around my shoulder while I am sitting.

"To-ma-toe," I say, not wanting to hear about my defeat and particularly not having any more sense to form more sentence while puled up to his side.

I hope that my red cheeks are not noticeable or it would be so embarrassing.

"Ok, forget about it," he says, knowing that he won this too, "Wanna watch some movies?"

"Yeah," he removes his hand from my shoulder. I tried not to feel bad about missing the warmth while Jay takes the CDs out.

We look through the CDs to see what is most infuriating to watch. Many of Jay's CDs were still at my house from when he and Adi had come, so we don't have many options.

"Horror or Romance?" he holds two CDs in his hand.

"Horror," I answer, grinning at him.

"I knew you would choose this," he says and puts the CD in.

He moves to close the lights just like every time while watching the movies. We get the cinematic view in the dark.

"Wait!" I say as he closes the light.

He raises his eyebrows in question as I get up from the bed and asks teasingly, "What happened? Scared of the dark?"

"Never. I remember Aunty had told me that she had kept some snacks for us in the kitchen. I think she already guessed that we would watch a movie or something. I will heat it," I say, moving towards the door.

"Wait, I am also coming. Maybe we will find some popcorns too," I hear Jay say behind me and soon hear his footsteps.

He drapes his one arm around my shoulder, and we both move downstairs.

Our father smiles at us, "Enjoying angel?"

"Yup, Dad," I kiss his cheeks and smile at uncle.

"After all, her best friend is here. Why wouldn't she enjoy uncle?" Jay says, plopping beside his father.

"Oh, is it? I don't see Adi here? When did he come?" Uncle asks teasingly. Dad and I laugh at Jay while he sat there, shocked.

"Papa!" I laugh at Jay's face, which is looking all cute.

After some time talking with our dads, we both move to his room once again with snacks.

>> <<