CHAPTER 21

"Yes!" Jay, Adi and I jumped our places when finally, India won the match.

Aarav, Misha and Sara shake their heads at us and got back to what they were doing while Avni looks at us weirdly.

"What are you guys doing?" she asks us, well, Jay and Adi.

"We were watching the match Ind vs Aus," Adi answers and close the phone before putting it in his pocket.

Avni made a face making Jay and Adi chuckle.

I crack a smile and look at Avni, "Guess, Jay was right when he said you don't like games."

She gives a smile to me which looks forced to me but nevermind, "Yeah, I am more into entertainment than Sports so," then, she looks at Jay, "And, Jay always knows what I like and don't like."

I nod and look at Adi who is tugging at my hair to irritate me. He looks at Avni and asks, "Have you found our gifts or not?"

We look at Avni as she sheepishly smiles, "I think I had put it in the third suitcase, which is still in the living room."

"No worries, give us afterwards," Jay waves his hand and takes the magazine from the small glass table. He looks at it, finding nothing but dresses and jewellery, he kept it back. Now, he is also getting bored, just like Adi and me.

Adi also slumps deeper into the chair, not knowing what to do, just like the others. It is the first time since I had become their friends that no one knows what to do to make the boredom run away from here.

I look at Sara as she gets up and moves towards Aarav and Misha.

Seeing her coming towards them, Misha moves from there to Avni who takes a dress out to show her. I furrow my eyebrow seeing Avni and Misha engaging in the conversation while still knowing that Sara is watching them.

Sara sighs, defeated and sits beside Aarav, who had also noticed the exchange.

"Hey guys, let's go somewhere. I am feeling bored," Avni says, looking at us.

"Yeah. We will go out as we used to go before Avni left," Misha also sides with Avni.

"Sorry guys but I can't come. Mumma and Jhanvi Aunty had prepared for a get-together today so," I say, shrugging my shoulder.

"Ok, no problem. We six will go," Misha says, and Avni nods along, agreeing.

Jay also shakes his head, "I can't come too. Same reason, I have to be home with Mom and Asha Aunty for the get-together."

Avni and Misha frown at that but before they can say anything, Adi intervenes, "Me too. I mean, I am also not coming. Both Aunty had also invited me, and I am not going to miss their handmade Biryani. And my Mummy had also agreed, so I will not come. I am going with Jay and Kia."

"Yaar, that's not fair. I am back after almost a year, and here, you two are not coming," Avni says, looking at Adi and Jay.

"Well actually," Aarav rubs the back of his head, "I can't come too. Naisha and I are going out with Dad as Mummy had gone to the hospital today."

She looks at him, "Now you too. It was never like this before. You three were always up for going out together then, what happened now?"

I frown when Misha also sides with her, can't they see that everyone has a good reason to not come with them.

Adi and Jay glare at both Misha and Avni. They look like they are going to snap at them any second.

"Let it be, Misha, Avni. We will go out together some other day. For today, let us three go out," Sara tries to convince them feeling the sudden tension in the atmosphere.

"No. I think I will spend the day with Avni. After all, she has come after so many months. We all will go out some other day," Misha says making me raise my eyebrow. I am not able to come in terms with Misha's sudden behaviour change. What happened to 'We will be BFF forever, Sara'?

"Ok then, as you wish," Sara says and get up to leave, which made all of us shock. Guess, she is done with their behaviour.

We follow suit and take our belongings, not wanting to stay any longer and increasing the chance of an argument.

"Nice meeting you, Avni," I say while Jay and Adi move forward with Aarav.

"You too, Kiara," she smiles at me and continues her talk with Misha.

Sara holds my hand, tugs a little, indirectly telling me to move.

Well, let's say that I didn't expect that when I meet Avni, it will be like this. From her behaviour the time we reached here, it is clear that she didn't like the new addition to the group that's me.

"I never thought that Misha would ignore me and I wouldn't even know why," Sara says, quietly as we walk downstairs where boys are waiting.

I look at her, not knowing what to say. I am not experienced in comforting people, so I let her express her emotion without saying anything, and I don't think words are needed here from me.

"She is my friend from childhood, but I don't know what happened that she became so distant last year. Then she came back to me again after two months when Avni left and became my best friend that I had. But now when Avni is here, she started being distant once again. That's not fair. It hurts you know when you share the feeling with others, and it isn't reciprocated."

I squeeze her hand to comfort her though I know it isn't helping much.

The boys come into our view. All three frowns seeing Sara's face but didn't say anything as Aunty is standing near us only.

We all said our farewell to the Aunty and moves out.

Adi turns towards Jay when we are two-three blocks ahead of Misha's house, "Did you see that? Now, she is full-on ignoring Sara, what happened to her 'I promise Adi, I will never ignore Sara again'?"

To be continued...

***

Hey Fellas!!!

Hope you guys are fine and healthy.

Did you enjoy the Chapter?
I know that this chapter lacks to show the emotional side and I am really sorry for that.
I will try to be more detailed from now on.

I will make this book presentable in my second draft.

Ok, so, What do you guys think regarding the whole chapter?

Do you like Avni?

I think now I should ask you about Misha, do you like Misha?

What could be that reason?

I will update the Chapter directly on Saturday's evening or on Sunday.

Random Thought:

Set goals that excite you and scare you at the same time.

Stay Safe.
Stay Healthy.

Love,
Mahek!