CHAPTER 12

Today is the day Jay and I have to present the project. And I am nervous because it is the first time I am going to speak in front of all my classmates and Teacher.

And I am afraid of goofing up and embarrassing Jay.

"Our turn will come after two groups. Are you ready?" Jay whispers.

We all have to sit with our partners, and as Adi and Sara had already presented, Adi is sitting with us while Sara is with Aarav and Misha.

I look at him and whisper back, hoping my voice doesn't show my nervousness, "Yeah. I am."

"You are nervous," Adi and Jay say together.

I scowl at them, slightly embarrassed of my nervousness, "I am not."

Jay takes my hand, which is trembling under the desk and squeezes it. I feel myself relaxing under the warmth.

I look at him and found him looking at me, "You don't have to be embarrassed Kia. Being nervous is not something you should ever be ashamed. You are nervous because you care, you don't want to goof up and because you want to do well. And it is ok to be nervous. I am also nervous. But we both have to defeat it by going ahead and presenting."

I give a reassuring smile, finally relaxed and look ahead when another group comes to the present.

All the while, the inner me is squealing because of that hand, which is clutching mine under the desk.

I smile at him and squeeze his hand indirectly telling him that now I am ready and Adi also gives a supporting smile to both of us when our turns come.

We both look at each other, smiles and start our presentation.

And as we both have split the slides between us, the explanation runs with the presentation smoothly.

Surprisingly, Jai and I have become confident with each passing moment, and as we have done research too, the questions which teachers had asked us between the presentation are answered efficiently by us.

I think it is the truth that the scary part is always before you start. After that, things get better on their own.

"Very good, Kiara and Jay. You both did a great job. You can go back to your seat now," Sneha teacher tells us with a smile grazing her face.

We both said a quick Thank You and moves towards our seat.

Adi gets up from the bench to let me and Jay go inside.

"You both did great," Adi smiles at us.

"I can't believe that I answer those questions with confidence."

"You did amazing, partner," Jay pulls my cheeks.

"You too, captain," saying this, I smack his head.

Adi shakes his head, muttering something.

We both grin at each other and look ahead as Misha and Aarav comes.

"In 2012, they had established the company," Aarav starts his part when Misha elbows him.

"The company established in 2011, idiot," Misha tries to whisper.

Keyword: tries. Of course, it doesn't go successful as the whole class had heard.

The whole class was laughing while Sneha teacher shakes her head.

Aarav and Misha continue their presentation still bickering when one of them said something wrong.

"I have idiots as my friends," Jay mutters while Adi and I nod our head watching Aarav interrupting Misha and telling her that she was saying wrong when in fact she is explaining correctly.

The whole class is still laughing, and at last, Sneha teacher got fed up and made them go to their seat without explaining further.

The other group soon comes and start their presentation.

The bell rings as the last group complete their presentation.

We all pack our bags, and all made our way to go outside the class.

Me, Jay and Adi are the last one to leave when Sneha teacher calls us.

"Jay, Kiara and Adi, I need one favour from you. Can you please help me by making one presentation for our School?"

"Yes, mam," we three nod our head.

"Thank You. Meet me after lunch in 9th B. But come after taking permission of the sir present in your class."

We three again nod our head and move towards the canteen.

"What are you doing this Saturday?" Misha asks me as we sit on our table.

"Nothing," I shrug.

"Ok, then you are coming with me to Sara's house for girl's evening," she speaks, clapping her hand.

"Girl's evening?"

"Yup. Only three of us, we will watch a movie and then we will go to the park. And you are coming."

I nod at them, smiling.

Jay and Adi pass me a smile from beside me to which I also gave them a cheerful smile.

Jay ruffles my hair and takes one sandwich from my lunchbox. He gives half to Adi and eats the other half.

Adi opens his lunchbox, which contains noodles and put between us three. Sara's lunchbox contains the same so she, Aarav and Misha eat from it.

The lunch goes by with us making jokes and scolding Misha and Aarav for their idiotic behaviour in front of the class.

After lunch, Adi, Jay and I take the permission of the sir and go towards 9th A.

I love this feeling which comes when you are roaming in the hallway when all your classmates are studying.

We discuss the things with Sneha mam and decide to work on it from today only as we have to submit it on Monday.

"I am impressed with you Kiara. The way you answer the cross-questions is outstanding. I have only seen this confidence in Jay and Adi. Keep up the hard work. I am happy that you are now friends with this guys and feeling comfortable in this new atmosphere," Sneha mam compliments us making us kinda embarrass.

She chuckles at our kinda red face, "You can leave now."

We quickly get out of the classroom to the hallway.

We move to the water cooler and just stand there and talk for a while before going to class.

Like, come on, who even goes straight to class?

***

Hey!

Hope you guys are fine and healthy.

Did you enjoy the Chapter?

Now, Adi, Jay and Kiara have to make a presentation. So, what are you expecting in the upcoming chapters?

Random Thought:-

The world is full of monsters with friendly face and angels full of scars.

See you on Friday.

Stay Safe.
Stay Healthy.

Love,
Mahek.