CHAPTER 18

The whole day went by with Misha's ignorance making everyone angrier, especially Adi.

After school, I have to go with Jay to his house as Mumma had told me to come there in the morning. The thing is both our moms had made some plans to spend the whole day together.

I look at Adi as he talks with Sara. It is almost like he is scolding her, and she is silently listening, sometimes giving her inputs in between which is only making him angrier.

Though I am not having a clear picture of what had happened with Avni and everybody, I know it is not something good.

I motion Jay to look at them, "Can we take Adi with us too?"

Jay observes them and nods, "I think we should. Sara is going to Misha's from her home anyway."

I move towards Adi while Jay waits near the bus to talk with Aarav.

"Hey, guys," I stand beside both hesitantly. Sara smiles at me while Adi still has a frown.

"I come to ask you if you want to come with Jay and me to his house?" I asked Adi, though I will take him with us even if he says no.

"No," He says, knowing I will take that as a yes.

Sara smiles, "Ok, I will inform this to Mummy."

We three moves towards the bus as the horn comes.

Jay, Adi and Aarav moves behind to their seats while I sat with Misha and Sara at the usual place in the middle.

"Sara, we have to buy new hair straightener for Avni too. Last time, mine was not working properly," Misha says to Sara, making her exhales through her nose.

"I am going behind for a while. I have forgotten to give Bhai something," Sara gets up and walk back towards Adi. Well, that didn't surprise me, but what shocked me was that Misha didn't even acknowledge that.

Any other day, she would not even let Sara talk about spending some time with someone other than her, and she is always the one among us who knows Sara best. And today, just because of her another close friend who has not even been in contact, she is ignoring her own best friend.

Well, I shouldn't judge her, but you know I am human, so can't help it.

I look behind at them, Sara is already sitting between Adi and Jay while Aarav is standing. Jay catches my eyes and motions me to come.

"I am also coming, ok?" I tell her to which she nods, shrugging.

I walk towards the boys and Sara. I give a smile to Riya who is talking with Neha. She waves and returns my smile.

I have gotten close with them too, and they both are marvellous. Riya and Neha both are just the pair whom you can call 'soul sisters'. They both have met in sixth grade, and from there, they have been close till today.

Jay stands and lets me sat on his seat when I get there.

"Kia, ask her why she is still going at Misha's?" Adi asks me, well, Sara. I pass a pleading look to Jay in reply he shakes his head.

"Kia, tell him that I am going there because she is my best friend and I should accompany her," she says, and Adi nods thoughtfully.

"Are you your's best friend's best friend?" Ouch! This time, he asks Sara directly.

Sara didn't reply for a while and then asks, "How should I tell her that I don't want to come?"

"Tell her that you have to go out with Mummy," Adi says to which Jay and Aarav also nods.

"Then, come with me to my house," Aarav suggests. I look at Adi to found him shooting daggers at him.

I stifle my laughter when Aarav fumblingly adds, "I mean, Naisha is also missing you."

Sara nods and looks at Adi, "I will go to Aarav's from home."

Adi nods, "We will talk with Misha tomorrow. If you want, you go to her house when Avni reaches. And don't forget to inform Mummy that I am at Jay's with Kia and him."

Sara nods, and gets up taking my hand, "By."

Then, Sara and I move towards our seat.

I have come to know from Jay and Adi that Avni has a good relationship with Sara. The problem is only Misha's ignorance towards Sara from last two years when Avni was here. Other than that, the three have been best friends for a long time.

Sara and Misha have been very close from childhood, but last year Misha had distanced herself from Sara and Avni is the only one who knows the reason. And that had hurt Sara, the reason why Adi is getting protective now.

After Avni went to Delhi, Misha had started being close with Sara once again as she doesn't want to leave the group. Sara still doesn't know the reason though she had tried asking Misha.

Well, let's hope that everything will go back to normal when Avni comes here.

At the next stop, I said my farewell to Sara and Misha and got down with Adi and Jay.

The sky is gloomy as dark clouds surrounding making us realize that rainy season had arrived.

We three walk silently towards the gate when Adi turns to look at Jay and me.

"Wait! Isn't today Ind vs Aus first ODI?" Adi asks, and I nod to him as an answer. He smiles brightly at that.

"Then, I have made the right decision about coming here. Or my mummy wouldn't have let me sit in my room the whole day watching the match," he smirks.

"Say thanks to your best friend monkey," I dramatically flip my hair back.

"Yes," Adi smiles teasingly at me and looks at Jay, "Thank you, Jay."

Idiot. I fake a scowl and smack him on his head while Jay laughs from beside me.

Adi precisely gives me an innocent smile, "What? You didn't tell me which one from you two?"

***

Hey Fellas!!!

Hope you guys are fine and healthy.

Well, did you guys like the Chapter?
Sorry once again for delay and rushy Chapter.

What do you think about all the chaos?

What was the reason?

And what do you think about Avni? Is she good or bad?

Thanks for being supportive!

Random Thought:-

People are going to talk about you, no matter what you do. So you might as well do whatever makes you joy and live your best life.

The next chapter will be updated tomorrow or on Monday.

Stay Safe.
Stay Healthy.

Love,
Mahek.