CHAPTER 7

In her next lecture, the teacher gives us time to discuss the project with our partners.

"You can sit with your partner for this lecture. Remember, you have to present the project on Friday," she says before sitting on her chair.

Everyone gets up from their seat to move next to their partner.

"Hello," Jay says, taking his seat beside me.

"Hey."

"I have shortlisted these companies. Pick one."

"Ok, I think we should go with this one."

We discuss the company and decides to meet at my home to start the project.

"Mom is coming to your house today in the afternoon. I think I will just come with her."

"Ok, great. Let's inform the teacher about the company that we have picked."

"Yeah, come."

We both go towards her and inform her.

"Great. You both picked a great company. Best of luck," saying this, the teacher smiles at us.

"Thank You."

We both move towards the bench and talk till the next lecture comes.

***

Soon, I get home and rest for a while before going downstairs.

"Hello, Mumma," I kiss her cheeks and take out the water bottle from the fridge.

"Hello angel," I raise my eyebrows at her as this is the first time she is calling me an angel.

"What? Only your father can call you an angel?" She tells in a fake hurt voice.

I said 'yes' to annoy her further.

She places her hand on her hips, "That's not fair."

I laugh at her, "I was joking, Mumma."

"And yeah, Mumma, Jay is also coming with Jhanvi aunty. We have to do a project together."

She smiles and says in an excited voice, "Great. Let me make something. Should I bake a cake?"

"Mumma, don't you think a cake is too much."

"No, I don't think. Plus, Ayansh will come too so he will like the cake."

"Ayansh is also coming?" I ask her excitedly.

"Yes. So the cake is final?"

"Yes."

"Now help me. You don't do any work."

I sigh at her most famous dialogue but help her nonetheless.

***

"Hey," I look from my laptop to see Jay standing in my room.

"Hello, Jay. I was googling the company," I tell, showing him the laptop.

"Great. I have obtained the final accounts." He takes out the Pendrive and gives it to me.

"Oh! Great."

Soon, we start preparing the presentation. We have decided to divide this project into three parts.

After some time, I get up to take the water bottle from the table.

My leg collides with a bean bag, and I was about to fall on the floor.

But, at the last moment, I balance myself.