CHAPTER 5

Sunday is a perfect day to choose a new path in life. And with that thought in mind, I am embracing the change and going out with my new friends.

I get ready in a black and white striped t-shirt, navy blue and red plaid long-sleeved shirt, black jeans paired with a silver bracelet.

Taking a blue shoulder chain bag, I made my way downstairs.

"Hello," I greet my parents with a smile.

"Hello, angel, going out?"

"Yup, dad. I am going out with my new friends in a cafe which is just 5 min walk from here."

"You want me to drop you there?"

"No, Dad. It is just five minutes away. Plus, I have not been walking much these days so."

"Ok great. Be back before 9."

"Yup."

"Kiara, be careful, ok?" I smile at my Mumma's protectiveness.

"No worries Mumma. I will be careful."

"You had your phone with you?"

"Yes, Dad."

"Ok. If you forgot your way, then call your friends or me. And angel, tell them to come to our home someday."

I nod my head at Dad and kiss their cheeks before making my way outside.

I open google map and add the address for direction.

Following the direction, I proceed towards the Cafe.

The neighbourhood has a slight hustle-bustle as it is 5 of the evening.

Toddlers are playing while some aunts are sitting outside their houses.

The late afternoon sky has started to turn golden from the blue but still the sun making the atmosphere hot.

Surprisingly, I reach there in just 3 minutes.

A park is there beside it. Studying the park, I know I am going to come here a lot. Plus, the way from home to here is so easy.

Feeling the heat, I quickly move inside the air-conditioned Cafe.

I look around and found Jay and Aditya sitting opposite each other at one of the window booths.

"Hello, amigos," I greet them when I reach there.

"Hello," They both smile at me.

Jay gets out to let me sit near the window. I give him a cheeky smile at that, and he returns it with a small smile while taking his seat.

"Misha, Sara and Aarav have not reached yet?" I ask them.

"Nope, they are on their way," Aditya states.