CHAPTER 28

"Ok so at this moment, Jay you will come dressed up as Mr Hitler, and you will say 'Take out your accounts book fast, I have to complete this chapter today' ok?" I explain to Gautam while Sanchi di, Jay and Adi arranges chair.

Teacher's day is after two days, and we have almost completed our act. Just some more practice and then, we are ready.

We five were going to dance only, but then, I got an idea to make it more realistic by adding scenes which we all see in the classroom.

The idea was simple: we have put four chairs around the stage to make it look like a classroom. Time to time, we will get ready as one of the teachers and tell their famous dialogues, and the others who are sitting will play expression to that as students.

We have decided that the four will dance on a song while one of us goes to change.

I am playing Sneha Teacher, so, I will wear a saree with simple flowy hair. Adi and Gautam are playing PE sir and English sir respectively, and they will dress like them. Adi with sports outfit and a whistle while Gautam will wear big dorky glass and a sweater. Sneha Di will play Priya teacher who is the oldest among the staff. So, she will wear a suit with a black and white wig.

And the last most important part is given to Jay, who will play Mr Hitler. Mr Hitler's class is most dreadful among all students, so Jay has to maintain strict expression while the four of us will show the student's reaction. It is the most fun part of all. We will show how one of us had forgotten to bring the book, while others don't know the answer in Jay's turn.

I am happy that I am going to play as Sneha teacher as she is my favourite.

And at last, when we all have completed our acts, we five will come together with the same attire and will dance on a song.

See as simple as that.

In between the acts, we have added old songs.

In one of the old song, we have to dance in pair while Adi goes to dress. And no, it is not a 'couple dance', just holding hands and at one point turning me and Sanchi di around.

"I think you both should make a pair," Sneha di says pointing towards Jay and me after we had completed setting up the props in the auditorium. Gautam is in the room backstage with Sneha teacher's laptop.

"Yeah yeah. I think so too," Adi says, wiggling his eyebrows.

Jay and I glare at him, making him smirk.

"If you guys don't want to dance together than we can swap," Sanchi di says with a teasing expression on her face.

I look at Jay at the same time he turns towards me. We both lock our eyes and then quickly avert our gaze.

I don't want to dance with Gautam. I am still not that comfortable with him.

Or you want to dance with Jay. Shut up.

"Nah no need for that. Kia and I are going to dance together only," Jay says, making the three of us shock and goes out muttering something about helping Gautam.

"Aha!" Sanchi di says while Adi smirks at me, wiggling his eyebrows. That Monkey.

Could Jay too-? Maybe he also likes me. But, he could have said that because he was also not comfortable to dance with Sanchi Di.

Please don't make my hopes higher than this, Jay.

Hiding my heated cheeks from the two, I also move out with the USB drive.

"So what are you thinking?" Adi comes towards me and drapes his arm around my shoulder.

"Nothing," I shake my head.

"Oh! So now, you will not tell me," he mutters with a fake sad voice.

"I am just thinking about the dance and," I shrug.

"And Jay." I nod at his answer.

"Do you think he feels something for me too?" I ask, looking at his face.

"I can't tell you that," he says, shaking his head.

"Why?"

He shrugs.

"But Adi yaar. I think that I am getting my hopes high," I look at him.

"Hm is it so?" I nod.

"I can't tell you what you want me to tell, but trust me when I say, Kia that you are not," he stops and turns towards me.

"Now go and do your work and don't think much," he pushes me lightly to the backstage where Jay is.

Jay is sitting in front of Sneha teacher's laptop shuffling the scenes, while Gautam is nowhere.

"Here take this, Jay. I had sorted out all the songs and dialogues in it," I say holding out the USB drive without looking at him, thanks to my cheek which are going redder.

"Thanks, Kiu," he gestures to the chair beside him, "Sit. I need some help with this."

I nod and sit beside me, all the while ignoring the butterflies in my stomach.

I ask, "What do you need help with?"

"This scene is not getting mashed with the song."

"Hmm, let me try," and with that, all the awkwardness from before disappears as we start completing the sequence.

"Haha! It will be fun to watch Mr Hitler's reaction to this," Jay says, laughing at the dramatic voices we put.

"I know. I am so excited to see everyone's reaction."

"Your idea is amazing. I never knew that in this small head, there could be an idea like that," he teases me, making me frown at him.

"Jay Jay, I am so going to tease you when I get my chance."

"Is it so, Kiu?" He raises his eyebrows at me with an adorable face, looking all cute.

"Yup."

"Till then, I am going to enjoy," he ruffles my hair, making me pull his hair.

"Ow!" I laugh as he tries to arrange his hair.

>> <<

HELLO!

Hope you all are fine and healthy.

Guys, I need a guy best friend like Adi! He is awesome.

So what do you guys think of this chapter?

In next few chapters, you should expect more Jay-Kia scenes, Avni vs Kia scene and more trio scene.

Some particular moment that you are looking for or you want me to add then, comment it. I will try to add that scene if it suits the plot.

And once again, thanks for your amazing support!

Random Thoughts:-

"Remember why you started."

See you on Friday!

Till then,
Stay Safe.
Stay Healthy.

Love,
Mahek.