CHAPTER 27

"Oh, god. Now we have to dance or what?" Adi says while sitting beside me.

All the council members had a meeting just before the break. And our head girl, Sanchi Di, informed that there would be three dances.

"I think so," Jay murmurs, taking a bite off my sandwich.

"Maza aayega," I rub my hand excitedly. (It will be fun.)

But guess, they both don't share the same affection and passed me a blank look.

"How about we make a group with Sanchi and Gautam? Only five of us?" Adi suggests.

"I like that idea."

"Hmm, let's talk with them then," Jay says.

We three go towards the ground where both of them were sitting with lists.

"Hello, Gautam," Jay pats his back and sits beside him.

Sanchi Di gives a smile to me before going back to arranging the names for the functions.

Adi and Jay look at me and gestures to speak. Dayum, I never thought I have to converse with them.

I shake my head, glaring at them. No, I am not going to say anything. You both do.

"So anyone of you going to say why are you here?" Gautam asks, looking back and forth between us.

I feel my ears heat up, making me glare at Jay, who pinches his lips to don't laugh out loud.

He looks cute. Shut up. Now is not the time.

Taking my eyes away from him, I look at Gautam. Why do I always feel embarrassed when I have to talk with someone other than my friends?

"Umm. We were thinking that can we all five make a group for dance?" I ask them, "It is your choice. I mean we don't want to pressurize you. It is just that we three will not be comfortable with others, so we thought to, you know to, umm, ask you?"

Adi and Jay are full-on laughing now, silently while Sanchi di and Gautam are looking at me with amusement.

"Ok. Is it so?" Gautam asks me, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes," I smile at him, embarrassedly.

"Of course we can," he says, smiling at me.

"That's a great idea. We will discuss the songs after school if that is ok with you?" Sanchi Di asks to which all of us nod.

"Great then, meet you after school," Adi says and pulls Jay and me with him.

I wave my hand and shout a 'bye' behind me while Adi drags us.

"Chui, Kabhi to seedha chala kar," Adi says when I was about to fall while walking. (Walk properly for once.)

"Oh shut up monkey. I walk properly only," I smack Adi upside the head.

Besides me, Jay groans, muttering, "Not again."

Adi and I smirk at each other.

Ah, the pleasure you get by annoying someone.

We three enter the class and start monitoring it. Everyone is busy with either working or talking.

The voice is not going out of the class, so we three are just standing in front and not doing anything.

I look around feeling eyes on me and found Avni.

Hmm, Devil.

She is glaring at me which I, being my generous self, return it.