CHAPTER 9

"Well, let's watch this," Aarav takes one of the CD from Aditya's bag.

"Horror? Are you ok with that? I don't want to hear the girly scream that you make," saying this, Aditya raises his eyebrows.

Aarav very maturely ignore him and look at Jay, "What do you say, Jay-Jay?"

"Put it in," he rolls his eyes, already tired from their banter like us.

He smiles triumphantly and put the disc in the DVD.

The film displays on TV, lighting my darkroom slightly.

Today is Wednesday, the day we decided to hang out at my house.

Everyone had arrived at three in the afternoon.

My Mumma was thoroughly happy when all make an appearance, glad that I have made some good friends. Plus, she was very excited about hosting them as this is the first time I am bringing my friends to home.

We just talked and ate for two hours and finally decided to watch a movie or two. I set up some mattresses on the floor and switch off the lights. I turn the Air condition on making the room slightly cool.

We are all sitting with popcorn and some snacks and watching the movie, Misha on a corner, then Aditya, Jay, me, Sara and at last Aarav on the other corner.

"Are you scared of Horror movies?" Sara whispers to me.

"Not at all times. What about you?" I whisper back.

"I am terrified," she says.

We both turn to the movie when it starts.

At the first half of the movie, only Aarav let out the screams scaring Sara more while Jay and I discuss the main character's thoughts and actions in the small break.

"He should have taken the cross off his neck."

"Yup. He wants to die," I reply.

"Hmm. The character is not as smart as the movie is showing," Jay shakes his head. I nod at him.

Misha and Aarav look at us, "It is a movie."

We both look at them, "We know."

They both shake their heads and goes back to their seat.

Aditya look at Jay, "Finally, you found someone to discuss this. Now don't ever discuss the character's dumbness with me between the movie."

Jay scowls, and I laugh as Aditya dramatically sighs.

We soon resume the movie and sit on our seats.

At the starting, it is not scary. But as the movie proceeds, the scene gets scarier.

"Are you afraid?" I hear Jay whispers in my ear.

"Nope," I tell him which I know he didn't buy. Even I don't believe myself.

He chuckles, "I can see that."

I scowl and look at him, "I am not scared."

He locks his eyes with mine and nods, "As you say."

I look back at the screen and jump when the scary killer face popped up.

I feel his eyes at me, and I shift back in the cosy mattress, "Suprised me."

"Of course," he says, amusement clear in his voice.

I look at the screen, ignoring him. I feel him chuckling when I don't look at him.

In the end, the character comes out of the hotel, alive.

"How can he be alive? The hotel was burning from all sides."